The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 11

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Nothing Gained 11

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Mate will you open Galway plate and Hurdle threads only found out today not far away now

Hope you been going well to

• Total Posts 15012

I’ll have loads of bets this week, and the real test for me to not put up half a dozen selections.

Baltic Bird my main fancy today, and I’d give him a solid EW Chance

Connacht Hotel – Baltic Bird EW6Pls/50’s EW

• Total Posts 15012

Should have been one to celebrate that, as was a fair bet, but as so often happens, the fatality robbed me of any pleasure. Brutal.

Soldiering on yet again, and main selections today are Killybegs Warrior and This Songisforyou. Was tempted to include Sir Busker, who’s surely winning a race before the seasons out, but he’s backup to Killybegs, who’s the main selection.

Really wanted to add Arch Enemy in the last at Galway, a horse I really like, but it could be tough for him round here. One to chew over.

Chesterfield – Killybegs Warrior 16’s
    Colm Quinn – This Songisforyou 17-2

• Total Posts 15012

Ontheropes balloted out for The Galway Plate, so its Duffle Coat as the main selection for me, with Janidil as a smaller win backup

Duffle Coat EW7Pls/40’s
    Janidil 40’s

Sungold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Very close shave with Duffle Coat! Great pick. Did Janidil lose the jockey? All the best.

• Total Posts 15012

Thanks mate, delighted with that, for all it was agonising. Definitely has another decent race in him this year. Yeah, as far as I know an unseat, his jumping has never been solid.

Two bets today, and really hopeful about Risk Belle in particular

Kinscem – Midnight Gun 5’s
    Galway Hurdle – Risk Belle EW 7Pls

• Total Posts 15012

Had to take money back in running for Midnight Gun, as it was a bigger bet, probably too big at those odds, and it proved a wise decision. Nice horse though, should win a few more.

Risk Belle got well punted, and ended up a win only. Irrelevant though, as she was poor again, and the only bet I’ve had this week that disappointed me. Really should leave her now, but I know I’ll bet her when the odds are big

This is the strongest day of the week so far, and betting in five races each at Galway and Goodwood.

The Guiness Handicap and The Galway Blazers are excellent renewals, and I’ll be three handed in the Guiness. Falcon Eight is a mad price.

Tribes – Man O Work 11’s EW 6Pls
    Blazer – Ontheropes 20’s EW 7pls/25’s
    Guiness – Falcon Eight 40’s EW7Pls

• Total Posts 15012

Strange strange day, but delighted at end of it.

Man O Work was average, but things went mad in The Blazers. Ontheropes was cruising away when he came down. No doubt he would have won. I was gutted, as although I could have laid off, I hadn’t hit the button yet. However, Battleoverdoyen, who as per race thread, was the backup selection at 35’s got the better in the photo finish, ahead of Moonovercloon………who was going to be my original backup. Nerves were shredded waiting for the result. Absolutely delighted that old Battleoverdoyen got it.

In The Guiness Handicap, Eagle’s Way was another backup winner at 12’s, just love this Durkan yard. Falcon Eight was poor, but no doubt in my mind I’ll bet him at The Curragh or Leopardstown before the season is out, and hopefully at good odds too.

Really enjoyed this week, so happy with putting up three tomorrow……

Summer Hcp – Euchen Glen 20’s EW5/33’s
    Boylesports Hdl – Baltic Bird 10’s EW7Pls
    Stewards Cup – Rohaan EW8/40’s

• Total Posts 15012

Fortnight since last bets put up here, and yet again Euchen Glen did me proud. Still as competitive as ever. No joy from Rohaan, but proper eyecatcher, and I’ve taken 25’s for Ayr, as I doubt I’ll beat that.

Been a long time since I put up old favourite Father Jed. Bet him a couple of times in the background since (one very good, one very bad), but as it’s another quiet enough weekend, I thought I’d stick him up. Took the five places, but main bet is at 28’s, and if on a going day, should hopefully get a free race out of him

1735 Tramore – Father Jed EW5Pls/28’s

• Total Posts 15012

Love The Ebor Meeting, but it’s usually a meeting where I comfortably lose.

Giving another go though, and I’m definitely betting every race over the four days.

Main hopes today, as per Big Race threads are We Never Stop and Israr, while I’ve went with Father Jed again, as the odds were way out

Symphony – We Never Stop EW7Pls
    Juddmonte – Israr EW4Pls/33’s
    1840 Sligo – Father Jed 33’s EW 5Pls

• Total Posts 15012

Sorry mate, I just clocked your post. Really enjoy The Ebor Meeting this year. Ended up a loser as usual, but it was a lot better than some previous efforts. My biggest bet was on Euchen Glen, so that made a big difference

Sir Busker was a winner for me too, the perseverance paid off. That was a nice way too end it, but the annoying thing was that if I hadn’t split my stake with Killybegs Warrior, it would have been a winning meeting. So close.

One bet tonight. Taken 16’s for Londoner, but late putting it up, and there’s the problem. Every time I put one up that’s been punted, and the price is long gone, it gets stuffed, but I’m hoping he can reverse the trend. I’ve put him up a few times so I hope tonight’s the night

1941 Southwell – Londoner 16’s EW 4Pls

• Total Posts 15012

Wanted two in The Petingo, but with Suprise Package the main shout, I couldn’t split Comfort Zone and Eagles Way, so I’ve left them, despite them looking nice prices

Petingo – Suprise Package 25EW6/28’s

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Bob can you move my Longchamp trails thread in big races forum was my mistake putting it here.

I like Comfort Zone took early 11/1 yesterday when prices up.

Sumihara 5/1 NAP for Weld today at Leopardstown

• Total Posts 15012

Was just about to lay off Suprise Package for a free race, when he quickly went backwards.

Couple of bets today. Put Big Gossey up a lot in the past, and happy to go with him today. I’ll do the five places to SP, unless he gets punted.

I usually bet Summerghand once a season, and chosen today to jinx him

I’ll cash out my 25’s for This Songosforyou for Newmarket, a few minutes before the off today, and keep the 33’s (I’ll amend Cambridgeshire thread then)

Bold Lad – Summerghand EW8Pls/20’s
    Flying Fives – Big Gossey EW5/50’s EW4
    Northfields – This Songisforyou

• Total Posts 15012

Really happy with This Songisforyou in The Northfields, and did it with a bit to spare. Hopefully he gets his chance at Newmarket, but not hopeful

Summerghand also got me the EW money, so happy with that

Bets all over the place today, and Rohaan my big hope

Ayr Gold Cup – Rohaan 25’s

• Total Posts 15012

Kerry National today, and happy with old favourite The Goffer, although market suggests Chemical Energy is the yards big hope.

Probably have a couple of backups, but sticking with The Goffer

Kerry National – The Goffer 25’sEW6/33’s EW

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7590

Mucho disappointed you’re not on Lucid Dreams ;-)

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.