Norfolk Stakes 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 Norfolk Stakes 2019

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 463

Any thoughts on Maven anyone? Heading for this I think?! American Pharaoh colt of Wesley Wards, won last time out.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2526

I did my analysis of the American juveniles and it was only Kimari and Nayibeth who stood out to me. And Lady Pauline as well but obviously she doesn’t run.

Sunday Sovereign is my idea of the winner for this. No bet yet though.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

I haven’t a personal view on him but this is taken from the ATR microsite. Simon Rowlands has a reasonably interesting piece with his own timefigure included:

“A race for which the runners are far from certain and in which the ground could play its part. SUNDAY SOVEREIGN (109) has raced only on softer than good but was impressive in winning a maiden at the Curragh by three lengths from 100-rated Arizona and even more so when running away with a minor contest at Tipperary by seven (easily faster than two fairly useful older winners on the same card).

Representing the small stable of Paddy Twomey, but the owning might of King Power since the Curragh, Sunday Sovereign has the engine to win at this sort of level if he gets suitable conditions.

MONARCH OF EGYPT (103, see Coventry remarks) and PISTOLETTO (100) are the apparent main Aidan O’Brien contenders, the latter more impressive in winning at Tipperary on his debut (when there might have been a track bias) than in a messy contest at Naas last time.

Ward’s MAVEN (90) beat a next-time winner in a MSW on dirt at Aqueduct in April on his only start, but neither the time nor the form looks exceptional, while his ANNA’S FAST (87) won a MSW at Keeneland on her only start, but in an ordinary time and from several non-winners since.

VENTURA REBEL (102) took advantage of Lady Pauline’s caving in late at this course in May but is useful and would have place claims in this (also engaged in Coventry Stakes)”

Worth noting MOE, Pistoletto + Anna’s Fast don’t even show up! I went in on Sunday Sov at 13/2 yesterday because of this. Wouldn’t even have that strong a view on it tbh, but don’t think he should be that price with market principals falling away.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 463

Thanks guys, Mavens not good enough based on that then and the standard usually required to win this one. Is Sunday Sov definitely running in this one?

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

On his time he probably isn’t but you never know, wouldn’t be the first time they’ve improved a lot. Only 2yos.

Yes i am almost certain SS comes here. Twomey + Lee said the same after the race. They are happy to not race Arizona again. They’d be daft to go elsewhere anyway considering this is cutting up.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

I backed Sunday Sovereign at 5/1 after he won LTO pulling nicely clear of the field. Think he’s a right one, would be much much shorter if Twomey didn’t train him.

One i fear is Bomb Proof if he goes here but i’m crossing my fingers he goes WC so i can punt him in that.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2526

I’m the same as you Kev. Very much like Sunday sovereign and Bomb Proof so would like to see them not against each other here.

Sunday Sovereign @ 5/1

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 463

I’m on! Will probably have a saver on Maven nearer the day

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2326

Went ahead with the 14s on Air Force Jet ew with b365, based on form with AOB horse.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

Yep i punted the same GAG, AFJ each way to accompany my Sunday Sovereign bet.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 641

Misty grey for me

Showed tonnes of natural speed mast time and should appreciate the drop back in trip

20/1 e/w 4 places

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5856

I thought Expressionist was worth a lot more than the 3/4L win
    on his debut at Ascot last month. Some potentially very good horses in here, I
    quite like the look of Misty grey, but at least we know that he will handle the
    course and the going. I think 14/1 is a decent price for him.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26219

On first time out sectionals A’Ali may not be “the greatest”, but is very, very good. Should be quite a bit closer to the favourite than 8/1. Had a small bet on Ventura Rebel, good early season form and very genuine. Two outsiders would be good results. Am another on Misty Grey. Ran away in the Woodcote and had nowt left. Had a hard race there, but is better than result and Silvestre takes over. As Aidan would say if it was his – this horse shows so much speed. Back at 5f today, got to show he acts on the ground but at 22/1 don’t mind finding out. The other is the French horse Real Appeal, seemed to go too fast last time, but still won – and has run well on a softish surface. Shouldn’t really be good enough but imo 33/1 under-estimates his chance. Saved on the obvious one, Sunday Sovereign.

value is everything
    Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

I’m definitely willing to part with a few pounds for Misty Grey at 16-1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2326

Added Mount Fuji win to Air Force Jet ew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.