The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Non runners

Home Forums Horse Racing Non runners

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    no idea
    • Total Posts 684

I wonder if anybody can help here. I always thought that there had to be a good reason why a horse once declared to race did not run, e.g. coughing, lame, vets certificate etc.

Today I see that Forty Thirty is a non runner at Fontwell and the reason in the RP is "self certificate".

This horse hacked up yesterday at Stratford so is surely fit.

What is self certificate. As the horse woke up this morning and decided not to race because it feels a little tired. Is it like the human equivalent of Monday blues.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Cut leg according to the BHA website.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

As Grey Desire says a cut leg and the withdrawal was made just after the race yesterday afternoon.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3684

On the official site, the reason given is ‘Cut Leg’.

Self certificate simply means that the trainer himself provides the explanation, rather than calling in a vet and getting a certificate from him, which costs money.

A horse which is a non runner with a self certificate cannot run again for six days – so connections couldn’t have missed Stratford with a self certificate and then run at Fontwell today.

I can’t guarantee this, but I suspect the horse had already been declared for Fontwell at 10:00 on Friday, when the Stratford race was re-opened until 10:30 due to a lack of runners.

AP

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

Many thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.