The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Noland, pre Cheltenham race

Home Forums Horse Racing Noland, pre Cheltenham race

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Arkle winner ? Hmm ?

Not judging by that performance.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Sounded like a horrible fall there from Psychomodo, especially as it sounded like Psychomodo was challenging Noland all the way.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Horrible fall there for Pyschomodo who was going well enough too (wasn’t finding less than the other 2 anyway)

Workmanlike victory for Noland IMO

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Just listened to it on william hill, they think he was workmanlike but he won like he wanted further but as they pointed out, it will be a much faster pace at cheltenham and will play better to his strengths

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Should Tidal Bay run in the Arkle, the race is his to lose. I still maintain that he’s the most talented novice chaser at The Festival.

The only horse I’ve seen thus far that is capable of progressing and competing against the best between 2 – 3 miles next season.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I hope he gets a decent warm up today and races against a couple of decent animals before he goes to the Festival……

You can have 50s with me that he runs again after today and before the Arkle- no chance.

I think you would give me 50’s about him in the Arkle now :lol:

However these little poxy races are no guide to his chances in the Arkle. If he goes for the race I wouldn’t let that race influence me one way or the other………

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Was not very impressive but I think he is a better horse at Cheltenham so can improve on that, he certainly will need to though to be fair.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Just listened to it on william hill, they think he was workmanlike but he won like he wanted further but as they pointed out, it will be a much faster pace at cheltenham and will play better to his strengths

Bulwark, that is absolute tosh!
    His strength isn’t his pace, even though given a very positive ride today he was still unable to put distance between himself and some relatively modest horses. He won’t see where better horses went in the Arkle.
    This horse needs further over fences, a point I made some while back when this particular ball of hyperbole was set rolling.
    If he were mine, he wouldn’t go near the Arkle.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I think the point he’s making, reet, is that a fast pace around Cheltenham will invariably bring stamina in to play.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think the point he’s making, reet, is that a fast pace around Cheltenham will invariably bring stamina in to play.

LGR
    The times are as yet unavailable, but I suspect today’s race was run at a decent clip.
    If he can’t go any faster than he did today, which the way he ran suggests, the first 3 will be home and hosed before his stamina has any bearing.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

If we had a 2m4f Graded novice chase then Tidal Bay would win as i dont think he has the speed for 2m.

Noland is improvinmg all the time and will be the one to beat in the Arkle as long as he keep on song.

Dont forget in the Supreme Novices he beat the likes of Sublimity,Sweet Wake,Buena Vista,Natal,Crow Wood and Jazz Mesenger so it is fair to say he is the class horse of the race

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’m not in agreement with Bulwark’s statement, reet, just trying to make clear the point he was making.

I had backed Noland on the strength of his debut victory and subsequent effort of Polinamix, but I’m holding out little hope after today’s performance.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Im not overly down about the performance, obviously it would be nice if hed destroyed them going away but a good jumping performance and a winning performance isnt all that bad. At the end of the day last years winner was a world hurdle winner who was pulled out of the ryanair last minute. I got on him at 16s and Id still have him as one of the top contenders, I would never have backed him at his recent price and I suspect that those who have backed him in that far may be worried about the win bet as the betting would suggest that more was expected today. I wouldnt say hes not going to finish in the top three though on that run…

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

He’s still the horse to beat IMO but he’s no banker.

NeroWolfe
    • Total Posts 12

Although Noland wasn’t impressive, it doesn’t look a great field for the Arkle and I’m not at all sure who I think could beat him.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.