Next years novice hurdle division

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Next years novice hurdle division

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

VTC – Apologies, only just seem this.

I thought it was a very confident ride by Derek O’Connor which I thought was quite telling about how good they think he is. At one point they looked quite lined up behind him but he sat motionless on him simply waiting for them to whittle away. He pulled away very easily and looked to have plenty left. He’s definitely a chaser in the making.

He is one with whom I will go early on next year in the ‘Win any race’ market. I would probably be more confident for that than the Bumper. I’m always quite cautious with the Bumper as so many of the well regarded horses bypass it.

What were your thoughts?

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16083

No probs CNC

I was quite impressed, but not totally blown away. Been patiently waiting on him, and a wins a win. I threw him in s perm for The Bumper at 33’s, but not on his own, as restricting myself Antepost, and The Bumper will surely be a day of race bet.

Still bags of potential though, and I know it’s a tired cliche, but surely a chaser in the making.

I see Galvin is entered in a few Novice Hurdles, now there’s one I could see myself betting Antepost.

• Total Posts 16083

Galvin holds entries this week at Ayr and Sedgefield, over 2 miles and 2 miles 5.

He holds entries for the three Novice Hurdles at The Festival, and he’s way overpriced for all of them.

I’ll probably bet him Antepost this week, depending on if and what races he takes in this week.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

VTC, do you know if he was entered in the Supreme trial at the weekend?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 16083

Sorry Jack, hardly been on the last couple of days with work, just seen your post.

He didn’t get any entries, as I was certainly looking for him. I’ve a feeling he might not be one of their Cheltenham team, but I really like him. As unlikely as it is with their other ammo, I’ve taken up to 690’s for The Ballymore.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

He’d need to fair improve on today’s run!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

He definitely would jack but still, gave a 125 rated horse 6lbs and won ok, probably ran mid 130s ish, would need to improve what 10lbs to be in the mix? Dont think thats totally out of the question! But more importantly, he keeps winning!

Davy all the way to ayr?

• Total Posts 16083

It wasn’t a “knock your socks off” performance, but I was happy with him at the finish.

Didn’t have him down as a guaranteed part of the yards Cheltenham team anyway, but if he did go that would be a bonus, and I would love them to consider The Ballymore.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

He had quite a bit to do at the end of the race and I think he finished it off nicely. He’s definitely not slow that’s for sure. He seems to comfortably find more when asked. Difficult to say how it compares but I really like him.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

This doesn’t really fall under the next year novice title, but how impressive did Breaken look yesterday at Limerick!
    Mullins was quick to mention the ground, as the time seemed fast, but in comparison to the other 2m races, his time compared favourably. 2.7 secs faster than the juveniles carrying over a stone more…Sectionals would probably help compare better, as he did go out and make all at his own pace, but he looked impressive anyway. Probably one of the bus load of novices still not raced at Closutton.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Jack – I often find hose races where one horse is allowed to go 20+ lengths clear difficult to read. Sometimes I wonder whether the other jockeys just misjudged it and assumed the lead horse would come back to them. He looked pretty damn good and the stats you mention seem to back that up. I think I need to see him another race to form a firmer view. Perhaps we’ll see him at Punchestown.

I was disappointed not have seen Asterion Forlonge this year. Have you heard anything?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

100% CNC, i do think he looks pretty good, but how good we will see! I wonder will they run him vs Klassical Dream….nothing to lose really.

I haven’t heard anything, i presume he’s one of the ones that he couldn’t get to the track.

• Total Posts 16083

Quite disappointed with Galvin yesterday, but hopefully he’ll be better for chasing.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Thus far I would have down the following horses as strong bumper performers or big money purchases who could become top novice hurdlers for next year. Many of these, people are probably aware of already but I would be interested to know know whom you think should be added to the list. List as follows….

1) Envoi Allen
    2) Malone Road
    3) Andy Dufresne
    4) Dlauro
    5) Chantry House
    6) Fly Smart
    7) Festival D’Ex
    8) Botany (Mare)
    9) Princess Vega (Mare)
    10) Gypsy Island (Mare)
    11) Fructine (Mare)
    12) Interconnected
    13) Wide Receiver – big money purchase
    14) Let’s Go Champ – big money purchase
    15) My Whirlwind – big money purchase
    16) Ferny Hollow – big money purchase
    17) Bravemansgame – big money purchase
    18) Bold Assassin – big money purchase

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

Franco de Port, 13L winner of Auteuil race that plenty of decent ones have won in the past is with Mullins + in the Pravalaguna colours! Safe to say he’ll have cost a fortune!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.