Next years novice hurdle division

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Next years novice hurdle division

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by jackh1092 jackh1092 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Well he won, but it was very workmanlike at the end.

I’ll be keeping an eye on him anyway, but may be one for handicaps after that showing, rather than the top prizes.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1926

Rapid Escape 3 time bumper winner, and 4th in the Punchestown Bumper on April died of colic during the summer, so one to strike off any lists!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Shame that Jack, had plenty of potential.

Pakora back out tonight, and hopeful she can show more progression.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

That was disappointing from Pakora, and a welcome reminder of why I don’t tend to bet these Novice Hurdlers Antepost.

Definite work to be done now with her.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1926

Came out of race lame VTC!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Aaah, explains a lot Jack, cheers. Maybe one to give another chance then.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1926

One to watch tomorrow albeit in a bumper is Eileen O. She comes from a very good breeder in Kenneth Parkhill who has bred mares such as, Zuzka (2G3s + 2bumpers), Myska (Listed winner + bumper winner), Daring Carlotta (3 bumpers + listed bumper placed before injury) …and that’s just the mares….He bred Puffin Billy and Tycoon Prince…between them they won 5 bumpers and both were very good horses…

She’s a 6yo, very well thought of and whilst she’s starting in a bumper tomorrow i wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up heading over hurdles this year as well, possibly to the Mares Novice?

She’s short tomorrow, not worth punting iMO, but interesting going forward…interestingly she’s 20s for the Mares Novice…but then again, a unknown French hotpot hasn’t arrived on the scene yet!

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

What did people make of Pym’s hurdling debut at Chepstow today? To me he seemed very green, which is to be expected, quick over the ground but slow over his hurdles.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1926

CNC- i was relatively impressed by him. He did it the hard way against decent enough rivals- Alan King has said Deyrann De Carjac is one of his better novices, and having actually headed PYM, it was pretty taking for him to finish the race still winning.

He probably outstayed DDC + showed a little of Altior that way! When you consider Pym was only beat 2Ls by Danny Kirwin giving the rival 7pds, he is definitely a good prospect. He seems quite raw as can be expected, and whilst you could argue he is in danger of being overhyped due to connections, it is rather interesting that Henderson does keep reverting back to Altior when he speaks about Pym.

I would imagine he’s going to be competing high up in the novices this year.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

VTC – Galvin scheduled to run at Navan on Saturday in the opening Novice Hurdle race. Thought you might be interested.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Thanks CnC, I had given up on seeing him until the spring. Hopefully a nice comeback for him.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

CNC, What did you think of Galvin? Really happy with that performance.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

I thought it was a very solid performance. In general, despite a couple of clumsy jumps, I thought he was quick over his hurdles and he found a lot when Davy Russell pushed the button. He really came away at the finish and seemed to have a good attitude.

It’s odd that he’s not even entered for the Festival. Would have seemed a solid e/w chance for me.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Plenty time yet CNC, entries not out for the Novice Hurdles until this week.

I’ve more or less swerved the Novice Hurdles Antepost for the last couple of years, but this one interests me a lot.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

CNC,

nice debut for Andy Dufresne today, any thoughts on that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.