The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newspaper Tipsters

Home Forums Horse Racing Newspaper Tipsters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stiller
    • Total Posts 41

What are peoples opinions on Newspaper Tipsters? I know there are a lot of them out there!

Personally ive followed their tips on some occasions, and have had some pretty good results. Wondered if anyone else had?!

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26668

Newspaper tipsters have my sympathy.
    Vast majority have to put their copy in before the market is formed. Therefore, they don’t know if their tip is going to be value or not. Which (in effect) means they don’t even know if any selection should be their "tip" or not. They’re betting blind.

Any newspaper tipster that gives a selection for every race, has not got the time to give serious thought to every "tip" anyway.

value is everything
    RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1536

Newspaper tipsters have my sympathy.
    Vast majority have to put their copy in before the market is formed. Therefore, they don’t know if their tip is going to be value or not. Which (in effect) means they don’t even know if any selection should be their "tip" or not. They’re betting blind.

Any newspaper tipster that gives a selection for every race, has not got the time to give serious thought to every "tip" anyway.

They certainly let you know when they’ve gone through a card though.

The best I knew in my lifetime was Henry Rixx and that’s was when Today was published, or I’m remembering through rose coloured specs.

Woolf121
    Participant
    • Total Posts 531

Newspaper tipsters are not worth following, winning runs are followed by long losing runs. They are beholden to stables not to tip winners from those stables on pain of withdrwal of hospitality.

stiller
    • Total Posts 41

Hmmm….

I’m not sure about that. Like I say, I’ve had pretty good results in the past following their tips.

I’m gonna have a look into it tonight, and I’ll report back with my findings tomorrow!

Good luck today if you’re having a punt!

elcartero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 848

What are peoples opinions on Newspaper Tipsters? I know there are a lot of them out there!

Personally ive followed their tips on some occasions, and have had some pretty good results. Wondered if anyone else had?!

Hi Stiller…judge for yourself…

http://www.racingpost.com/news/tips_hom … lenge_form

IMHO, Ratings (Formcast, Weight-Factor etc) are likely to prove more profitable than following tipsters.