The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newmill

Home Forums Horse Racing Newmill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Newmill is entered in the champion hurdle it seems trainers are becoming quite fond of switching horses from the bigger obstacles to hurdles however if Newmill where to win the champion hurdle he would join a unique few in winning at cheltenham over hurdles one year and over the chase course the next the only other horse i can remember doing a similar double id Dawn Run

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Anyone think the Red Mills win will change Murphy’s mind? Can’t see it myself..

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

he says if the ground is unsuitably testing Newmill will go for the champion Hurdle

wilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

I take it you mean chase course one year followed by hurdles the next Danny ?

Can’t remember a horse having done this at conescutive festivals but my memory isn’t what it was.

Can’t see Murphy running Newmill in the CH considering, a returning Well Chief aside, the 2m chase division is about as weak as it’s been for a long time whereas the hurdle division shows no signs of letting up just yet.

Lee

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Dawn Run won over hurdles in 1984 and fences in ’86. Plenty have won races under both codes at the Festival, but few if any have gone from winning over fences to winning over hurdles.

lorddenning
    • Total Posts 39

The last time that Macs Joy was beaten by more than 8l , Newmill was 2.5l in front of Mcas Joy ( 29/12/05 ) , so , IF Newmill turns up in the Champion Hurdle , I will have it in Combination Exactas with HE and BI.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Newmill doesn’t have a single piece of hurdling form that would get him into the first 4 of the Champion Hurdle I don’t think. It would be crazy to contest that race and I don’t think for a minute that he will.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Its all based on his last run. Every reason to suspect that Macs joy ran well below his best form there and harchiblad is not a factor at the moment<br>

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I don’t think Harchibald will ever win again.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8820

If the ground was bottomless at Cheltenham you’d have to think Newmill could figure in a Champion Hurdle. But it won’t be so he won’t.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I’d agree, not right, gave up too easily at Gowran ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.