The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New website- your views

Home Forums Horse Racing New website- your views

Viewing 14 posts - 35 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    BHA
    • Total Posts 45

Robert99– with regards to your further comments, we are aware from previous threads of punter’s desire and importance of getting correct ‘actual distances’ for each race, I will see what I can do.

The confirmation of going used to determine photostrip lengths is an interesting one, thanks for that. I would hope that this is something we can look at.

For AWT maintenance and turf watering reports this is another one that you will have to bear with me and I will have to investigate- as I write from my desk here I am unsure as to the protocol and procedures for this sort of reporting, but it has been added to the list thanks!

Many thanks indeed for your suggestions, really useful stuff.

• Total Posts 233

just a simple racecard as follows

name of horse
    draw number
    weight&age
    trainer
    jockey
    bha rating
    simple easy to read ,and easy to print,

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

doublethetrouble– very interesting comments, would there be a consensus among forum users that there is a need for a new racecard/form outlet online? If yes, what would you like to see done differently?

A simple one would be great. I don’t want to carry bits of newspaper about and some courses are taking the mick with the price of a racecard.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

I mentioned this when the RP were looking for feedback, but I’d like to know when a horse was meant to run, and got as far as the racecourse, but didn’t.

For example, if a horse refuses to go into the stalls. I see no difference between this and the horse refusing to come out of the stalls (other than possibly to a bet). It’s useful to know if a horse has issues like that, but also to know if the horse was considered ready to run, and how long ago.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

just a simple racecard as follows

name of horse
    draw number
    weight&age
    trainer
    jockey
    bha rating
    simple easy to read ,and easy to print,

I would also add colours to that list :-)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A simple one would be great. I don’t want to carry bits of newspaper about and some courses are taking the mick with the price of a racecard.

Roseblossom

Try http://www.timeform.com/free

Find the meeting you want on the tab on the left hand side of the screen then click the ‘pdf racecard’ link and you should be able to get colours and all basic information foc.

• Total Posts 233

david
    i know timeform does a card , but i dont want the reviews of each horse and all the adverts that are included on your print,there was a time that the racing post had a simple race card ,but it is all such a long time ago .what a pity! some come on BHA have a go

Slowly Away
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

Re – publication of changes to handicap ratings

I’d love it if this could be published by relating the changes to the races that the horses ran in

Say for example the new ratings are published on a tuesday and relate to race performances for the previous week………the list might be……

Mon 15th May Southwell

1.30 5F CL4 Handicap

1 Double trouble – +5
    2 Spendthrift – +2
    5 Makepeace – -2

etc………you’d only need to list the horses who’s ratings had changed so it wouldn’t be competing with ‘results databases’

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Have you tried The Guardian fastcards, sounds exactly like what your looking for.

Here’s a sample of today’s Southwell card….

http://horses.sportinglife.com/GU_Fast_ … 84,00.html

• Total Posts 2390

Have you tried The Guardian fastcards, sounds exactly like what your looking for.

Here’s a sample of today’s Southwell card….

http://horses.sportinglife.com/GU_Fast_ … 84,00.html

The BHA already publish a racecard on its current website.

BHA Racecard[/url:3i745iri]

with colours and everything – don’t know if you can print them tho….

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

If possible could you list if it’s the first or second start for a particular trainer Rob?

BHA
    • Total Posts 45

Some more great stuff here guys

doublethetrouble– you’ve thrown down the gauntlet on the racecards now, and I’ll see what I can do! We were unsure as to whether the market needed another racecard or not, but the fact that there is a consensus on this from you guys is interesting to know. There are political and logistical issues to overcome (data rights etc- the bane of my life) but I’ll do my best to bring you a simple, printable racecard.

Slowly Away– thanks for that…it could be that we could do both, listed alphabetically and also listed by race…that’s one for the developers but the request is noted.

happy– Don’t worry, I’m completely on the same page as you. The main focus of the site will probably be on newcomers to the sport, but we don’t want to neglect racing’s existing following too, and this is exactly why I have contacted TRF as I knew you would speak with the voice of the hardened racing fan. At the moment I am planning an "experts corner" which will contain all of these in depth tools requested on this thread in one easily accessible place, but that is very much kept separate from the content aimed at newcomers so as to not befuddle and intimidate them.

I am also consulting with non-racing audiences- we have workgroups this week with some top people who are not involved in racing to get that angle too so that we can, hopefully, cater for everyone. Guides to racing for the newcomer are going to be a massive feature of the new site though, absolutely.

Irish Stamp– thanks, this will depend on what route we decide to take over racecards, if we decide to feature detailed cards then this could be something that is included. As mentioned above though we will have to see what happens on that issue, but I will do my best!

Big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far- some really top stuff, thanks TRF!

Rob

Scott Smillie
    • Total Posts 4

Hi I’m a new member & this is my first post. I’m a "new" racing fan & having watched them discuss racing for change on the Sunday forum on At The Races I hope it will help me understand the sport more. I know a little about the sport eg every Grand National winner since Red Rum won in 73 , the first one I watched. So I intend to explore this site more & hopefully this would help.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Welcome to TRF Scott :)

Thanks for the reply Rob – free replays wouldn’t go amiss either, probably something to consider with regards to re-negotiating TV deals when that comes around.

Viewing 14 posts - 35 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.