The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Member – be nice!!

Home Forums Horse Racing New Member – be nice!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Whilst browsing the member list to try to ascertain when that titan of the forum, Kebab became a member, I discovered that a certain Lydia Hislop has been sworn in as a fully fledged forumite as of today!

In fairness, we have also been joined by "freeringtones", "GermanXL", & some lad from Antartica but I have high hopes for Lydia myself!!

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

If Lydia can prove she is for real I’m sure we will all be very nice to her.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

this is the internet, nothing is real :roll:

James_Richardson
    • Total Posts 18

Indeed. However, although not appropriate behaviour, our ‘friend’ Kebab did provide some entertainment, much of it at his own expense :lol:

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

My money’s on that kebab made up another username in the form of – yes you guessed it, I doubt very much it’s the real Lydia as she’d have posted something.

James_Richardson
    • Total Posts 18

Surely we’d be able to trace it back via the IP address, is this possible?

Its the same as people posting threads like "I spotted this great site today" when they’re really referring you to THEIR OWN site – is there not a way of tracking this??

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

The internet has always been the key to the asylum – we’re just lucky we know where the back door is………… well some of us do :lol: I think :shock:

Kebab did give us a bit of a giggle at the races yesterday when we were having a sneaky look in between sand bunkers :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Whilst browsing the member list to try to ascertain when that titan of the forum, Kebab became a member

I’m pretty sure it was July 12 – I remember looking yesterday ’cause I’d never heard of a talking Kebab before :lol:

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I just hope that Lydia isnt Kebab :(

That would be a shock….

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome to TRF, Marb. :wink:

Colin

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

My money’s on that kebab made up another username in the form of – yes you guessed it, I doubt very much it’s the real Lydia as she’d have posted something.

Jim, I doubt it aswell but just for your information it takes about a week for Admin to email the user back and get posting. Lydia is down as the 17th so she might be active by the 24th? I say that because after checking the memberlist i’m down as the 4th but could only start posting about a week later. I could be wrong and i’m sure Admin will clear it up for me but I was a big fan of Lydia when she was at the Evening Standard and still am [what it is the Times now?] and would love to see her give her views on here.

Incidently, seeing her name surrounded by so many strange aliens made me realise why I always underperformed at School! :)

Marb, you must have just joined at a busy time where Admin couldn’t email you back, because speaking from my experience, I was allowed to post within about 5 minutes of registration – as my email was sent to me almost instantly.

Welcome to the forum.

Mike

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Hi Marb and welcome to the forum. It can take a few days for new members to be activated as we do go through these carefully to try and reduce the instances of spamming, etc.

Re- Kebab – the user has been inactivated and I am currently compiling details of their account before deleting them. It’s very difficult to avoid this type of thing (i.e. rogue members) as, although I can ban email addresses, Ip adresses, etc, a determined person can get around all of that.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Hi Marb and welcome to the forum. It can take a few days for new members to be activated as we do go through these carefully to try and reduce the instances of spamming, etc.

Re- Kebab – the user has been inactivated and I am currently compiling details of their account before deleting them. It’s very difficult to avoid this type of thing (i.e. rogue members) as, although I can ban email addresses, Ip adresses, etc, a determined person can get around all of that.

There is a few out there who are wondering how I slipped through the net Cormack. :twisted:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I would also imagine that the new member Lydia Hislop is not the real Lydia Hislop. I could be totally wrong, but generally it’s very rare that people give their full names as their user ID on forums.

Mike

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Like ‘Richard Hoiles’ and ‘Barry Dennis’ you mean, Mikky? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.