The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Coolmore Jockey

Home Forums Horse Racing New Coolmore Jockey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Sporting Life website reports Johnny Murtagh’s agent as saying his client has been appointed Coolmore number 1 rider. A certain inevitability?

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Why not use Kirsty Milczarek, shes been riding well.

Cant see Johnny doing it but maybe J Heffernan as he deserves his chance and knows Ballydoyle better than anyone or maybe have a crack at getting Kieren McEvoy.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8965

Soumillon?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

According to teletext its been confirmed… The right choice in my opinion.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

It looks as though pen has been put to paper with Murtagh, but I’d have loved to Soumillon trying his oh-so-cocky riding on the likes of Red Rock Canyon.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Sporting Life website reports Johnny Murtagh’s agent as saying his client has been appointed Coolmore number 1 rider. A certain inevitability?

…until the great one returns 8)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Is Piggott making a comeback, surely not at his age?!?!

Colin

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

…nice one Colin :lol:

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

How fortunes change- wasn’t long ago Fallon was God and Johnny was almost packing in because of weight problems…

apalachee
    Participant
    • Total Posts 63

Good luck to Johnny – I think he’ll do well. He’s had a lot of good wins on Ballydoyle horses but I was particularly impressed with his riding of High Chaparral in the Derby.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m delighted for Johnny – think he’s a cracking jockey – and he’s a Meathman too!

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I think murtagh deserves the job as hes took every ride going for them, any time hes been needed for some time, but I dont think he’ll ever replace fallon. Every once in a while a jockey will pull off a superstar mega ride, fallon could do 3 or 4 a week. Spencers inability to do that, combined with a lacklustre year for coolmore’s horses made him stand out like a sore thumb. It will make interesting viewing and ive always liked murtagh (hes one of the many jockeys i would think of as fully competent without ever thinking he was a stand out jockey).

I’d also like to see alan munro get back to his best this coming season, he looked to be getting right into the swing of things before his convulsions and he’s missed such a year for chapple-hyam, where he should have really authorized, dutch art and tariq amongst others.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Well My Boy Charlie has a rather ironic ring too it…..

Fallon is one hell of a rider but he has more floors than a cheap diomond, will he come back, god knows, he needs too get rid of his hangers on, get some drug treatment and try get his personal life sorted in terms of mistresses and children.

Will coolmore retain him again?

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Coolmore is a business, fallon in his reletively short time at coolmore (whilst working around a ban in the uk for over half his time there and later one all over aswell) rode a 1000 guineas winner, two 2,000 guineas winners, an oaks, two irish oaks, two irish derbys, two irish champion stakes, a grand prix du paris, two arc de triomphes, an arlington million, an irish leger, two phoenix stakes, a futurity stakes, a national stakes, two grand criteriums, a criterium des pouliches a moyglare and a fair few other group 1s, 2s and 3s. Thats just the ones that spring to mind, not the worst of records really when you compare him to spencers record, and its some shoes for murtagh to step into.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

You can forget Fallon going back to Coolmore it is just not going to happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.