The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New A P O’Brien Jockey

Home Forums Horse Racing New A P O’Brien Jockey

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Tatling obrien doesnt even decide which races horses go for and he,s the trainer , the “boys do” , it’s there money

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Moore might have the “final say” in theory TTC. But if going against what his bosses more than one or two times you’re realistically telling the people that give you those rides they don’t know what they’re on about. If any jockey wants to keep their job they need to listen carefully to his/her bosses. Ryan is no different in that respect to Buick or Crawley.

Value Is Everything
    Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Owners selecting their horses race targets is perfectly common. As is retained jockeys selecting their rides when there is more than one horse running in a race. I don’t understand the confusion or controversy to be honest.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Outwith the coolmore and boys in blue it’s the trainer’s who decide , one of Cecil’s greatest skills was laying out a race plan for his horses , Id say the same for the Nicholls and Henderson,s of this world , either way Moore has no options today so he just has to concentrate on the job at hand , he,s the best rider on prob the best horse but it’s the Derby …

Participant
    • Total Posts 82

Is there a quarantine issue for British based jockeys why Moore/Frankie aren’t in France tomorrow?

Re: Moore being on the so called right/wrong horse, the Ballydoyle job / any top stable job will present the same issues, the talent is in the choices and its difficult to be correct 100% of the time. Frankie rode neither Enable / Golden Horn in some of their prep runs before they went on to win G1’s, what does that mean? that if the data is backfitted now he made the wrong choice in those instances? or he made the correct choice because he switched on them in their next start? or it says neither, his job is to ride the horse with perceived best form and shortest in the betting and he needs to concentrate on maintaining his quality of riding and he will be on them when they are a clear form pick?
    I’d imagine a jockey could rationalise all three scenarios

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

For all his faults Fallon like Lester very rarely was on the wrong horse

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

I don’t think Fallon or lester had so many horses to pick from. I’m sure they would have got more wrong riding today as they usually had two to choose from. Good point regards outside Godolphin and coolmore the trainer decides. Westerberg( Opel family) have pumped tens of millions into coolmore so I wonder what input their having.?Still can’t help feeling if they just left it to aiden they would get even better results.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

“Good point regards outside Godolphin and coolmore the trainer decides.”

That is not exclusively correct.

BUY THE SUN

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.