The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

needing help

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems needing help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    earlobes
    • Total Posts 3

First off hello to everyone and intresting forum this is….

I have to say that im not so clued up as you lot are, but I’m wanting to try to learn the ways of it, i saw in some post that you can calculate horse’s with formula’s im unsure how you would do this and im intrested to find out how.  For the past 8 months now i have been intrested in horse racing and im lucky to get my horse’s to be placed so after reading these systems, then looking at the result’s im sure im missing something.

Any type of information, website’s that would help me learn to read the form and calculate information myself would help me out alot.

Earlobes :biggrin:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Welcome to the forum earlobes :biggrin:

Adrian Massey site is a good starting place, google the name and follow your nose .. !

FormathFormath
    • Total Posts 1451

Hi Earlobes,<br>I could transfer a copy of the free e-book that was available from RSB if you wish, just ask, and anyone else that would like a copy. In my opinion the advice given is OK, even though it is an advertisng tool. Below is a copy of the contents page so you can see the areas covered:

"How to Become a Professional Gambler

A book by the authors of RacingSystemBuilder

Contents Page

Introduction.Winning is Simple 1<br>Chapter 1.How to Become a Winner 3<br>Chapter 2.Getting Started 5<br>Chapter 3.Betting for a Living10<br>Chapter 4.Building Systems with RSB13<br>Chapter 5.The Principles of Systematic Betting15<br>Chapter 6.Using RSB as a System Building Tool27<br>Chapter 7.The Betting Market30<br>Chapter 8.Value for Money32<br>Chapter 9.Computer-calculated Odds38<br>Chapter 10.The Staking Plan40<br>Conclusion.Summary43<br>Appendix A.Course Classification44<br>Appendix B.RSB Variables47<br>Appendix C.RSB Terminology54"<br>

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Hi earlobes,

You can learn a lot on this forum and there are several good books available for beginners. Have a look in W H Smith’s sports section next time you are in. The Channel 4 guide is useful to get a general idea of the racing game and betting.

I don’t know how old you are, but if you are still quite young, be prepared for a long and very interesting journey. I wish you well.

earlobes
    • Total Posts 3

Hello again.  Thanks for your replys in more ways then one the Adrian Massey site i shall spend hours reading to make sure the grey matter takes it in.  Formath i would love anything you could send me that you think would help me out. last but not least Artemis i do watch the channel 4 racing with my granfather, he was the one who introduced me to the whole area of horse racing, you mention books any chnace you guide me via – authers – or titles on what books are good someone who can read form but wish to go past that part

Earlobes :biggrin:

P.s I’m 28  :(

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

earlobes,

The Racing Post’s ‘Definitive Guide To Betting On Horses’, edited by Nick Pulford is a very good read for beginners. You can purchase it directly from the RP website for about £15 + pp.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.