The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National run for Exotic Dancer

Home Forums Horse Racing National run for Exotic Dancer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1115

Has anyone any knowledge / thoughts about whether Exotic Dancer will run in the National ?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

<br>Alexander

Unlikely, I would have thought for a horse with his potential, though his sporting owner may think otherwise.<br>God help the others, if he does.:biggrin:

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Would think it is very unlikely. Stamina would surely be an issue if he did too.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

Jonjo seems to fancy the betfair bowl, and with kauto put to grass, its his for the taking.<br>i would be extremely suprised if he ran in the national. After all he is only a 7 year old

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

As if by magic:

[<br>Betfair Bowl target for Exotic

by <br>Tony Elves

EXOTIC DANCER is likely to try to build on his runner-up spot behind Kauto Star at Cheltenham in the Betfair Bowl at Aintree’s Grand National meeting next month.

However, the Jonjo O’Neill-trained seven-year-old, who finished a two-and-a-half-length second in the Gold Cup, is unlikely to take up his engagement in the National.

Owned by Sir Robert Ogden, Exotic Dancer has scored three times at Cheltenham this season and twice chased home Kauto Star – including when second in the King George VI Chase.

O’Neill said on Saturday: "He seems to be grand this morning so I amhappy. He’s had a great season and he might go to Liverpool now for the Betfair Bowl, but I would say it is unlikely he will go for the Grand National."  

Aintree is also under consideration for O’Neill’s Ladbrokes World Hurdle casualty Black Jack Ketchum, while Brit Insurance winner Wichita Lineman is pencilled in for the 3m mile novice hurdle there next month.

Gold Cup third Turpin Green has returned to Nicky Richards’s Greystock yard in “grand fettle“ and will take on Exotic Dancer atAintree.

The Trevor Hemmings-owned chaser, who is also in the National, returned to something like his best when beaten only five lengths by Kauto Star and Richards’ hope that Kauto Star "is out in a field by then“ is set to be granted.

Richards said: “He seems grand and has come looking great. He had a jog up the village this morning and we will let the dust settle but the Betfair Bowl could be the favourite.â€ÂÂ

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1115

Thanks folks, although now my ante-post voucher looks a lost cause. Oh well.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

They should retire Exotic Dancer and Kauto Star for the season now. Haven’t they done enough? Fantastic seasons the pair of them give them a good long rest now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.