The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

National Hunt Season Ahead

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks National Hunt Season Ahead

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Right well I’ve waited long enough, anyone who knows me on this forum will know my passion for racing lies mostly with National Hunt and let’s face it this season ahead could be a very very good one indeed and so please humour me as I take the chance to list a few reasons why…

Denman novice chasing.<br>Star de Mohaison, War of Attrition, Kicking King, Trabolgan on the Gold Cup trail.<br>Harchibald, Hardy Eustace, Brave Inca, Asian Maze, Feathard Lady making the Irish Champion Hurdle squad even scarier than it has been for the past two years. <br>Newmill’s rise through the Champion Chase ranks. The returns of Well Chief, Azertyuiop, Kauto Star.<br>Nicanor going chasing.  <br>Mid Dancer apparently will be over here a lot chasing bonuses.

Fingers crossed we have a kind season with regards to injuries.

Who is everyone looking forwards to seeing?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

The two-mile chasers should provide plenty of exciting fare over the winter, while the Gold Cup looks wide open at this point. However, I am most looking forward to the staying novice chasers: as well as Nicanor and Denman, My Way de Solzen goes over fences. Let’s hope that they all get to the Sun Alliance in one piece.

(Edited by yquem21 at 10:04 pm on Sep. 2, 2006)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4713

Watching Haydock on the TV today there was wind, rain and mud. All that was missing was a few jump races!

Rob

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Over the winter I’ll be looking forward to seeing the….

2007 Lincoln

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I,ve just got a gut feeling that Nicky Richards is going to do well this year with Money Trix and Turpin Green and Penzance novice chasing ( I would say that wouldn’t I my husbands in Elite!)<br>I just love National Hunt Racing, the atmosphere the people. the genuine appeciation from the lowest to the highest grade, none of the namby pamby polite clapping with the flat brigade (one spot of rain and there’s no one round the winners enclosure!) <br>Also looking forward to the 10 to follow, always buy One Jump Ahead, make copious notes from last season and fail dismally, but it’s such fun on the dark winter days, roll on proper racing

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

I’m inclined to agree with you Quixall, the atmosphere at a jumps meeting is something else.

Best of luck with Penzance :)

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

Zoz, you are a breath of fresh air. :look:<br>Bless

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Quote: from quixallcrossett on 10:23 pm on Sep. 2, 2006[br]I,ve just got a gut feeling that Nicky Richards is going to do well this year with Money Trix and Turpin Green and Penzance novice chasing

<br>Turpin Green won on his fencing debut last year, so he isn’t eligible for novice chases this term. Has penzance been switched from Alan King? I haven’t heard anything on that front.

Agree that Money Trix should do well over fences, although the opposition in that department is going to be very stiff.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Cheers Kevin :laugh:

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

No Penzance is still with Alan King, and hopeful of a good  season. <br>I think Nicky Richards is a very, very shrewd trainer, after a slow start he’s fast becoming as good as his father and I,m sure he’ll pull a few more surprise packages out of the hat this season (wich I knew what they were!)  

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5123

Monet’s Garden for me. Looks a terrific chaser in the making, particularly his adept fencing and looking forward to seeing him over 3m.

Colonel Frank too.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Monet’s Garden has the potential to go to the very top. Two other gyey chasers I’m looking forward to seeing are The Listener and Neptune Collonges, wouldn’t be surprised to see them two prominent in ante-post lists for the Welsh National at some stage. That is of course if the former – who looked such a fluent jumper on his early starts over fences hasn’t been soured from being decked twice by The Strangler, which brings me onto another of my loves of the jumps, Tizzard and Thronton bashing.:biggrin:

GreenGreenDesert
    • Total Posts 127

You don’t like Joe Tizzard Mr. Johnson?

I think he is a very underated jockey and looks after a horse well. Yes he isn’y the strongest in a finish….but is often there at the finish on horses that needed to be nursed there. He rode some lovely races on Green Green Desert for example, who loved him.

Any particular reason you don’t like Joe?

By the way…what has happened to that other rascal Montreal. I like him.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Black Jack Ketchum and Brave Inca are the 2 for me. I cant see beyond Black Jack in next years World hurdle.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Very interesting season…

Myway has always looked more of a chaser to me and could be one of those relatively rare beasts that produces top form at both disciplines. Could be a very good year for A king all round

Also, looking forward to seeing Fethard lady back

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.