The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nap, Lay and Each Way

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Nap, Lay and Each Way

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

One rule, you can’t wimp out and have constitution hill as your nap unless it’s in a double

Nap
    Delta Work 7/4 Cross country
    Most likely winner after CH imo

Lay
    Epatante in the mares hurdle

Don’t think she will stay strongly enough, won a slowly run race at Aintree that became a sprint. Got outstayed at punchestown in a stronger run race by Marie’s rock, who looks to have improved again. May have Brandy love and honeysuckle to beat too.

E/W
    Flooring porter 7/1 stayers
    2x champ being trained with one race in mind in a weak division. Can’t see him not being bang there.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Nap

Bravesmansgame GC , best form , price to big , I’ll keep indulging

Lay

GDC GC , crazy price , beaten nothing and chucked away a terrible Turners last year , he may even go to the Ryanair

E.W very nearly Shiskin in the Champion ( in not in the step up in trip camp ) however Conflated in the Ryanair , I get the feeling the owners may come here esp if no GDC and there’s a question over Allaho

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Nap. Hermes Allen ballymore. Very possibly recency bias but he looked an old hand the other day. Cobden was enthralled by him and he’s got the best form in the book to date with quite probably more improvement in him.

Lay. GDC gold cup. Not a cat in hells chance I could back him at twice the price. Completely unproven over the trip, I’m not sure he’s gonna run again prior to Cheltenham so won’t be cherry ripe and with BMG and L’homme likely to make it a proper test there’s gonna be no hiding place for a horse with questionable stamina at the distance.

Each way. Queens gamble the bumper. We’ve still not seen anything come out in Ireland that has made a mockery of its race and it’s getting quite late in the day for Mullins or Elliot to throw an unraced/unheard of superstar into the mix.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Nap
    Constitution Hill in a double with Nicky Henderson to train the Champion Hurdle winner – Coral staff might lay it.

Lay
    Bravemansgame in the Cheltenham Gold Cup as it can’t win a race after February, hates Prestbury Park, won’t stay and if it Soft won’t even run.

Each-Way
    Is for those lacking moral fibre!

But if you want a right thieving each-way bet it’s State Man as it can’t win, but it can’t be out of the first three either.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Nap – Constitution Hill in a four fold with Jonbon, Facile Vega and GDC to win any race. I’m on at 150 and 100/1. You can still get the same bet for single figures

Lay – place lay 5 places Goshen Stayers I’d presume, one step forward, two steps back

Each Way – Gaelic Warrior. Nicholls horse will either be off the bridle first circuit or won’t see which way he went

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

NAP – Flooring Porter in the Stayers. They’ll have him primed for Cheltenham

LAY – Bravemansgame. Doesnt like Cheltenham and i think he prefers smaller fields with little hustle&bustle. The GC is anything but.

Each Way – boring i know, but old fav and personal money maker, Paisley Park. As good as ever, and i feel the Stayers is a race for those that have been around a while and done it, at Cheltenham. At 14s this eve, an each way steal.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

HDLG

Shiskin isn’t entered in the CC this year. Ryanair and GC are his only entries. I personally doubt we’ll see him at all now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

It was more a comment Tizzards , I reckon the up in distance experiment will fail

Wilts there was 9 runners in the KG , last year GC there was 11 , I doubt the number of runners is a issue , that’s 1 Nap and 2 lay ….. he,s the marmite horse this year

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Tizz while i get the opposing a short price in a GC and whatever, i don’t think BMG has proven himself to be capable of making the GC a stamina test anymore than Galopin Des Champs? GDCs winning a 3m hurdle as a 5yo against dour stayers? Winning the Pipe at a 5yo also?
    BMG running around Kempton is a bit different to 3m2 at Chelt……

NAP-

Allegorie De Vassy is the NAP, but i’ll throw the NAP Double of ADV/Delta Work also.

Lay- Hermes Allen- Beat very little impressively twice. Race will have some springer in the market you’d think this weekend.

Each Way- Banbridge- Turners- 20/1- Loves spring ground, likes it around Cheltenham. Hard to workout what Mullins will send here etc. so he’s probably a decent price.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

NAP – Delta Work. Don’t see him get beat.

LAY – Hermes Allen. Been here before with a Nicholls Ballymore strong fancy, the Irish could do him again.

EW – Flooring Porter. Hard to imagine 3 horses beating him in the Stayers, he’ll be peaked for the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Maybe Jack but the KG field is a different level to anything GDC has run against , he couldn’t have won more convincingly , Cobden comments afterwards gives the impressions he’s sure he,’ll stay to

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Nap Classic Getaway/Grangeclare West TWAR double
    Lay Jonbon
    Ew Eldorado Allen Gold Cup 80-1

• Total Posts 14971

NAP – Banbridge, Turners 20’s

LAY – Shishkin

EW – Editeur Du Gite 25’s, Champion Chase

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Green what’s made you put up Eldorado , I’m sure they,’ll target the Denman again but after the Ryanair last year do you think they,’ll go GC , I tempted to have a tickle e.w to

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Jack: If Willie felt GDC was bomb proof at the trip he would have ran him in something suitable already in my opinion.

His form just simply doesn’t warrant being where he is in the betting. Its more to do with other horses underperforming or horses like Noble Yeats not being from a sexy enough yard that GDC is outright fav just now.

He’s not going to win the GC. There, I said it! :yes:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Nap – ill etait temps / county

Lay – constitution hill / CH (hes still incredibly overrated, one of the mullins pair will end the hype)

E/w – gerri colombe in the BA, bet to nothing if he runs

Good luck everyone :yahoo: been taking a break after a few big bets went down the toilet, be full steam ahead in the next 2/3 weeks, be back on track insulting ian after two posts

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Tizz, he has? As a 5yo over 3miles?

“He looks a very, very exciting horse for the future, especially going over a trip” that was after his debut over 21f…..he chose to keep him over 2 1/2 last season yes, but they’ve never had a concern about the trip. He’s already proven himself over 3m as a 5yo, 3m2 will be a different kettle of fish….but then, look at the market, unless you’re going with a been there done that, the majority have to prove themselves at the trip, maybe except for Stattler.

Prize-wise i don’t necessarily disagree, i don’t think he should be that price but that’s mainly down to only having had 1 run outside novice company for me. Fakir was probably not fully 100% the last day as they knew Galopin was going to appear. It’s not the trip for me.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.