The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Middle Park 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Middle Park 2006

Viewing 12 posts - 18 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Interesting SHL re Conquest

Through Major Cadeuax you wouldnt give him a chance against Hellvelyn but I did like the way he got up in his last race.

<br>

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Clivex

How reliable is form from May/June in the context of back end races like these and should they really be taken at face value, or is it not possible, nay probably that a Gimcrack winner is a better horse now than when beaten in a maiden in May?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I trust we are just talking 2 year olds because at 3 upwards the form would be relevant to me

And I wasnt dismissing his chances DJ (ive backed him 🙂 )

But he was well back in May so would naturally needed to have progressed a fair bit…

• Total Posts 1631

Magic America 4th – if i were a Dutch Art fancier, i’d be a little worried if i’d taken a short price

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Other horses from the Morny have suggested there is nothing wrong with the form. I wouldn’t be laying him on the back of Magic America’s run.

Clivex – yes referring specifically to juveniles. Glad we agree 😎

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

I backed Magic America and its all EW’s fault.

STONE HIM!! :grrrr:

<br>;)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Thought Baby strange would have got a place if the jockey had got him a run (no chance with winner) and changed my mind about Silca Chiave and stuck all my dosh on Indian Ink (normally always pick the wrong one in those situations!). Stuck a few quid on Helvellyn because of MA’s run.. The morny was run at a slow early lace apparently and she finished that race well, surprisingly she was a bit tapped for toe I thought today

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Aragorn

Yes baby Strange picked up well once in the clear and was probably the only horse in that contest to shape better than the result. Unlucky there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Quote: from davidjohnson on 2:16 pm on Sep. 29, 2006[br]Other horses from the Morny have suggested there is nothing wrong with the form. I wouldn’t be laying him on the back of Magic America’s run.

Clivex – yes referring specifically to juveniles. Glad we agree 😎 <br>

not surprised about magic america….the ground is not as soft as the morny.  Dutch art will certainly handle it but i think he is a lay at the price…youll get it back in the long term.

SHL

• Total Posts 1631

Ratingmongers 1 empty 0 😮

<br>Sorry  TMM, if it’s any consolation i did my dosh on Silca Chaive in that one too

Hellvelyn travelled very well,  but found now’t when asked, ground, trip or simply not good enough, a tad disappointing imo, likewise with Conquest

<br>Well done to Dutch Art followers and Brave Tin Soldier layers 😎

(Edited by empty wallet at 3:31 pm on Sep. 29, 2006)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from empty wallet on 3:30 pm on Sep. 29, 2006[br]

<br>Sorry  TMM, if it’s any consolation i did my dosh on Silca Chaive in that one too

<br>Lol. No problem mate I’m only joking.

Went in on Dutch Art in the end anyway and therefore ended the day in profit so I’m happy enough.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Should have ignored MA’s run.. Who said collateral form was any good!

Viewing 12 posts - 18 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.