The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jacko

Home Forums Lounge Jacko

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Very sad as he was once one of the best entertainers in the world.
    RIP.[/list]

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

He may very well have abused children, but at least his passport was valid.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Mixed emotions or what! :? His fame messed him up big time but there’s no denying he was the greatest entertainer that’s ever lived. I’ll try and remember him for the songs that I loved – mostly the soppy ones. I grew up listening to him and alot of the earlier tracks have great sentimental value.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

at least his passport was valid.

Maybe, but his Driver’s License claimed he was black.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

Crikey; only just heard. Not sure what I think, to be honest..maybe he’s found some sort of peace at last. A very troubled but very talented man.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Am I the only one who thought Paul Gascoigne was a better entertainer, if not a safer option with ten year olds?

Craig Braddick
    • Total Posts 373

Marble:

Big-Al is right on this count. Very much so.

Though personally, I am mourning the death of Farrah Fawcett at the moment.

Craig

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. can hardly believe he’s dead .. omg!

toellandback
    • Total Posts 8

Jockeys at all race meetings tomorrow will wear black arm bands out of respect for Michael Jackson who successfully rode more 3 year olds than anyone else in living memory :lol:

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

^^^ the epitomy of what I have come to think of as a very British disease, and every bit as bad as the accusation implied. Some people really need to take a good hard look at themselves these days.
    He also deserves a better acknowledgement than the thread title – a very poor effort.

I didn’t like all his music but play his cd’s most days in the car. ”I Just Can’t Stop Lovin’ You” would be a favourite of mine.

Quite a shock, poor Mr Jackson. :(

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

A troubled soul is now at rest.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 467

Jockeys at all race meetings tomorrow will wear black arm bands out of respect for Michael Jackson who successfully rode more 3 year olds than anyone else in living memory 😆

What always amazes me is that at times like these a certain minority of people ‘s minds turn to what jokes they can eke out of someone’s death and as for those people that think jokes about child abuse are funny at any time.

Just think before you behave like scum.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Couldn’t believe I just tuned in to the tennis and they were chatting about someone who may never have picked up a tennis racket in his life. Why?

I can understand this may mean something to those who enjoyed his music.

To others he was no more than a crank.

Steerforth
    • Total Posts 122

It’s a shame though not a surprise. It’s made me a bit sad this news.

I remember when Thriller came out I was mainly listening to punk/post-punk bands and wasn’t interested in ‘dance’ music at all at the time. But that album was so good it transcended any petty musical prejudices and I played it countless times. And he was a brilliant performer back then. His performance of Billie Jean at Motown 25 was simply mesmerizing.

Whatever is or is not true about his personal life, he had an unbelievably successful music career, was brilliant at what he did for twenty-odd years and has the biggest selling album of all time to his name. That’s some life.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

He was just a terrible example of what can happen to someone that never learns how to be an adult because they never learned how to be a child first. Pushy parents of the world take note.

toellandback
    • Total Posts 8

Jockeys at all race meetings tomorrow will wear black arm bands out of respect for Michael Jackson who successfully rode more 3 year olds than anyone else in living memory :lol:

What always amazes me is that at times like these a certain minority of people ‘s minds turn to what jokes they can eke out of someone’s death and as for those people that think jokes about child abuse are funny at any time.

Just think before you behave like scum.

:shock:

Oh dear sorry Bob, I shall try and behave better in future. I’ll stick to football forums for my jokes in future. :cry:

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

It’s pathetic, a shocking state of affairs. I have no connection with Michael Jackson at all and I’m not saddened by his passing, but to make jokes at a time like this IMO deserves a ban. Disgraceful behaviour. How would you feel if people made jokes about your death hours later? Or if your girlfriend/wife died and people made jokes about her?

Disgusting.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.