The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Michael Wood’s ‘Story of India’

Home Forums Lounge Michael Wood’s ‘Story of India’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Anyone been watching this series? I just love the way he enthuses over his subject, he’s quite infectious and I feel I learn so much from him….not that I can remember much of it mind..lol. Along with Palin’s, these documentaries are what the BBC does best.
    Strange time to put it on though, on a Friday night. Sunday is usually right for these things but still, I feel enlightened. I also fancy the bloke which helps…

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Never seen it UM, is it filmed in the midlands?

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Never seen it UM, is it filmed in the midlands?

lol..ooh you’re a cheeky b*gger…Southall actually.

come on Dave, get some refinement in your life…look in next week, it’s a treat! :)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I feel Mr. Wood is a very long way up his own ****.

Colin

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

don’t get me started about Michael Wood. Many years ago he did a series called ‘in search of…..the dark ages etc’ I used to dream about bumping into him doing research in our village [he used to wear an old bomber jacket and jeans, not usual for the bbc in those days]. however, I started watching the India one and found that I couldn’t quite follow the thread of the programme, even though I enjoyed it visually [the India bit not MW…we’ve both aged a bit unfortunately]. May buy it on DVD and give it another go; the one about the Buddha was good, but again I found it difficult to follow [may be my age!]. I also fancy Dan Cruickshank as well, but don’t tell anybody!!! mo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.