The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Michael Bell

Home Forums Horse Racing Michael Bell

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Seems to be in woeful form. Hamilton runners tonight were awful. Don’t know if anyone else has noticed?

Think I will avoid for a bit.

Martin

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

He is someone I avoid anyway so would not know if he was in or out of form.

• Total Posts 20

He’s just on a bad run isn’t he? For a guy who’s trained a Derby and Oaks winner in the part decade, it amazes me the lack of quality horses and owners he attracts. I suppose it’s a very competitive industry and you’re only as good as your last winner.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I’m not sure the Queen would relish being described as not being of a certain quality! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 16966

He did manage to train both a Derby (Motivator) and an Oaks winner (Sariska) but does seem to have been in the wilderness for a couple of years now.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn out a big priced winner at the Royal Ascot meeting next week, he has a few good entries and hope things turn around for him.
    :D Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

6 turf winners so far this season. Often goes a month or two without a winner and not a yard i follow. Not sure why Spencer rides so many horses for them when he’s contracted elsewhere either. Surely better to have someone more focused on their stable

Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Spencer now rides very few of Bell’s horses Hayley does a lot of travelling for him with little return

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

In recent times I have not been able to think of Michael Bell without the hapless blood relation of his "Oli" coming to mind. Which is a terrible thing.

• Total Posts 20

Has now split with Turner, I hope that was her call and not his, would be very harsh if she’s been sacked.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.