The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mia’s Boy

Home Forums Horse Racing Mia’s Boy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Richard Hughes looks good winning on good things imo, Jamie Spencer is a top jock and can balance and settle a horse like i have never seen. Richard Hills is ok but Martin Dwyer is better and shud be the No.1 jock to Hamdan. Thing that annoys me about Hughes so much is he gives uo the ghost quickly and doesnt try his hardest at times to gain the best ultimate placing.

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Another 3-y-o maiden comes under scrutiny.  Forumite Sean Boyce in the booth suggest it’s the biggest response ever to a ride.

Heavily backed Gosden inmate Venerable is challenged by unfancied stablemate Shavansky in the final furlong of a Chepstow maiden, but eventually prevails. TV racewatchers jam the e-switchboard complaining about the effort of Robert Havlin on the runner up.

Fwiw, I thought the runner up was green and one paced and was beaten on merit.

One word, gentleman. Coupling.:biggrin:

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Interesting and probably fair assessment of the Chepstow race on the results section of the RP website, albeit a damning and sad indictment on the integrity of racing today

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from Lingfield on 5:54 pm on May 8, 2007[br]Interesting and probably fair assessment of the Chepstow race on the results section of the RP website, albeit a damning and sad indictment on the integrity of racing today<br>

I was absoluetly amazed that neither the trainer or jockey was even asked for an explanation,  less obvious cases of cheating were punished by the stewards which usually consisted of lower profile trainers and jockeys. John Gosden of non questionable parentage, he would never cheat now would he ?.<br>Whats the point in asking for severer punishments for cheating, when certain individuals are allowed to get away scott free.

Before anyone starts jumping to a defence, if you haven’t seen the race, then I recommend that you check it out on the ATR website. Has to be seen to be believed, the gambled on winner got 10 smacks of the whip with 8 of those pretty strong forehands by Hughes, while Havlin never even showed his horse the whip, and hardly broke sweat in pushing his horse out and only got beaten a lenght.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3099

<br>MM,

I don’t actually expect to get a reply, as your usual mode is to rant with your own special brand of 100% moral certainty and then ignore anyone that asks questions.

But still here goes – unless you are a steward at Chepstow yourself, how do you know that no explanation was requested?

AP

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

MM<br>Even with my glazed eyes and the poor picture on ATR video, I can clearly see R Havlin applying backhanders down the shoulder of the horse.<br>But then, my optic nerve does connect to a brain.:biggrin:

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

I do think Havlin wasnt to heavy handed on him inside the final furlong but was Shavanksy not also bet form 33s to 20s?<br>Ok obviously it wouldn’t take as much to move the market from 33s as it would from 7/2 to 2s. Madman no offence but you talk a bit like a BF forum regular.  

Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

AP<br>A bit rich having a go at mm and suggesting he ignores any questions asked.<br>I remember you stating that every winner of every race was dope tested and suggesting I knew little about racing. I was even given a detailed description of how the test was undertaken (which I was well aware off).<br>Yet you were factually incorrect. You never replied or acknowledged you had misinformed this forum.<br>We are all entitled to give our debatable opinions.  Erroneous facts are a different matter.

PompetePompete
    • Total Posts 2391

The HRA website has now been updated a report of the Stewards Enquiry into Mia’s Boy is Here

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from apracing on 7:19 pm on May 8, 2007[br]<br>MM,

I don’t actually expect to get a reply, as your usual mode is to rant with your own special brand of 100% moral certainty and then ignore anyone that asks questions.

But still here goes – unless you are a steward at Chepstow yourself, how do you know that no explanation was requested?

AP<br>

<br>

(Edited by madman marz at 7:35 am on May 9, 2007)

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

I know schooling in public is against the rules. Is using the racecourse to audition for the chicken tonight ads also frowned upon? Apparently not.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

The most amazing aspect of the Shavansky affair yesterday was that no stewards enquiry was immediately called. "They" had a "look" later in the day when told about public concern but soon cleared the ride. You’ve got to wonder whether they were even aware that the first two horses were trained by the same person.<br>How out of touch are some stewards? and you’ve got to wonder how many are totally clueless on the subject.<br>While Havlin is a poor jockey (I wouldn’t let him near any horse I owned) did he make sufficient effort to win the race? Not in my eyes and no danger of Havlin breaking any whip rules here. As JG later gave an "excuse" for Havlin being "easy" it beggars belief there was no enquiry.<br>The Chepstow stewards should be appearing at Shaftesbury Avenue.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from apracing on 7:19 pm on May 8, 2007[br]<br>MM,

AP<br>

<br>Just going on what I heard on ATR, AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

"But still here goes – unless you are a steward at Chepstow yourself, how do you know that no explanation was requested"

From what I was told at Chester yesterday, the Chepstow stewards did have a look at the race but only after they were approached by a delegate of pressmen.

Colin

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Most people are under the misapprehension that unless the stewards enquiry announcement is made over the public address, no enquiry is made. In fact this is only true where the result is in question. Many enquiries are heard which the public aren’t aware of, which then get reported on the HRA website which should be in your favourites folder if you’re a serious watcher of racing from a punting perspective. In this case it appears the stewards didn’t call the representatives in but I notice that Bernadette Quinn picked up a 10 day ban at that Chepstow meeting for a ride which caused little comment from punters.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.