The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Martin Pipe 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2018 Martin Pipe 2018

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

I don’t think there is a topic yet.

I’ve gone for Early Doors 10/1 EW and Diesse des Bieffes 8/1 EW. Early Doors ran a poor race in the Deloitte last time, but his form before that run is very strong. A lot of support from Ireland as well and that is worth something. Diesse des Bieffes should be progressing and ran far from ideal in the Lanzarote.

Early Doors 10/1 EW
    Diesse des Bieffes 8/1 EW

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Early Doors 14s & Lough Derg Spirit at 25s my two in this.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

First horse I bet for this was Flaxen Flare. Marked him down as one to keep an interest in, last spring, but it’s safe to say that that plan hasn’t worked out too well. He’s been safely held in a couple of staying chases this term, but he looked as good as ever less than a year ago, and from a yard in form, he can boast previous Festival Form himself. Not one to shout from the rooftops, certainly based on his last two runs, but I just can’t desert him here. I took 33’s each way NRNB BOG, and even if the price holds at 66’s, I might just have a top up anyway to nab an extra place.

I’m also on Blow By Blow at 25’s, win only. It’s easy to forget he was mentioned in the same breath as Samcro not that long back, and the trainer has clearly plotted a different route with him. A lot more like it last time, and I can see him becoming the yards “go to” Cheltenham horse for the next three four years, and he already looks the ideal type for The NH Chase. I’m getting ahead of myself there obviously, and first things first this race today. I do like him, and hopeful of a good run for my money here.

I will definitely add another here, really like this race, but will definitely wait till near the off.

Flaxen Flare ew 33’s NRNB BOG
    Blow By Blow 25’s

GoldenMiller34GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1165

I’ve gone for Blow By Blow too, Bobby, classiest horse in the race and the one with the most upside.

• Total Posts 17609

Good luck with him Chris, we should surely get a run from him.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

I too have some hard earned pounds down on Blow by Blow. I went on him to ‘win any race’ at 16-1 because I didn’t know which from the Supreme, Ballymore or Albert Bartlett he would turn up in. At no point did I anticipate he’d turn up in the Martin Pipe. Never mind, the bet is still alive and kicking. Let’s hope being top weight doesn’t scupper his chances.

I like the comment about the ‘go to’ horse and will watch with interest over the next 12 months.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3673

First backed BBB any race in October :wacko:

If anyone has time, go back and watch the last couple of furlongs of Sire Du Berlais race LTO two or three times. It makes comical viewing, Phil Smith certainly spotted it.

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 804

Was it you and I botchy talking about BBB in the to win any race market in October? Cannot remember. Anyway, I smashed into him and Samcro, the latter has obviously paid off but I would really love it if BBB can win. So glad its raining cause if this turns into a test I think BBB will be there or thereabouts at the end

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3673

Must of been Charlie, we were probably the only ones on the planet who backed him that early. :good:

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I wonder if Jamie Bargary or Lizzie Kelly ever thought they’d ride for Willie Mullins?

If Mr Mullins has the winner then I’ll have it having backed all 3 of his in here (Carter McKay 16/1, Burrows Saint 16/1 & Deal D’estruval 7/1). They all have similar profiles and all look as if they could be half a stone well in. The way the week has been going expect this to go to Ireland and this time hopefully it’s not Gordon.

KingSprinterSacreKingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Blow by Blow for me too

• Total Posts 17609

Added Brelan Das at 33’s ew the 5 Places, and topped up Flaxen Flare at the 66’s as well.

GoldenMiller34GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1165

Wow! You could say us TRFers have landed a blow!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.