The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Market Rasen 2.20

Home Forums Horse Racing Market Rasen 2.20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Not the ”Race of the Day” i grant you.

But something very strange in the running of MAISY DAISY allowed to lead a slow pace all the way round minute the jockey asks it to go about its business went out like a light opened at 4/1 went out to 7/1 :evil:

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Sounds like the symptoms of a ‘bleeder’ or one with a breathing problem. The fact that it’s been noted as lost place and weakened on previous runs suggests some sort of problem, and the presence of a tongue-tie in it’s equipment declaration even more a an indication of breathing problems. Bear in mind that a tongue-tie isn’t necessarily a cure-all for such problems. It’s possible Maisy Daisy showed a reaction to the tongue tie in the paddock. I’ve seem similar before and confidently put a line through the contestant.

Rob

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Yes totally agree with you Rob,but its almost as if someone knew the horse was not going to go for the tongue tie…4/1 out to 7/1 but i see your point.

By the way didnt have a bet,was going to do Maisy Daisy but missed the off.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

It is with hindsight, but given Maisy Daisy’s previous record and the fact that she seemed to ‘go out’ in similar fashion last time out, it seems that the move from 4/1 to 7/1 was more a correction back to a realistic price than anything else.

Trawling the BHA site I couldn’t find any reference to a report of a breathing problem last time, though ‘lost place 7th’ and beaten 50 lengths suggests all was not well on that occasion. The fact that the tongue tie was applied for the first time was not a good sign given previous evidence, though it has been known to work the oracle.

An on the spot method I’ve used in these low class races is to cross off anything in cross-nosebands, extra ironmongery around the mouth, bandages, headgear or tongue ties. It sometimes leaves a very small group of straightforward horses to choose from. The snag is that you have to be on course and at the paddock to note these things.

Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.