The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mark Johnson on RUK

Home Forums Horse Racing Mark Johnson on RUK

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Can you post your US racing analysis, so we can judge how good or bad you are please

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

I can’t remember M Johnson being on Racing World that much, so how you can judge him on those few appearances is a bit baffling to me

You wouldn’t expect Miller, Maven, Willoughby Johnson, Mr Q etc to work for free. So in showing only the US feed, could that not be a cost saving exercise on behalf of RacingUK???

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I believe the intention has been to bring back the point-to-point show this season, though I’ve not seen any definite updates either way in the press for some six weeks or so now.

The show lives or perishes on how much race footage it can acquire in good time. I’d prefer far more races and far less window-dressing, but the paucity of the former often had to facilitate the latter last year.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Point to Point :shock: I’m canceling my subs

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

You don’t know what’s good for you. :wink:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

I find Johnson intensely irritating too.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

Is Kwai getting mixed up with Mark Johnson’s regular appearances on At The Races Stateside before he did the dirty and deflected to the other side. At least he isn’t doing every Doncaster meeting now and theres a bit of commentating variety

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

i thought he was quite good – does that me a muppet spectator ?

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

I quite like Mark Johnson as a commentator as he is very passionate with his calls compared to GG who at times sounds like he is bored out of his mind when doing a call.

I know the USA inserts can be annoying after all i have yet to hear an american caller say the phrase "They’re off……….Ok here we go then"

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I don’t recall the Members Enclosure at a UK track ever being called the "clubhouse" yet he always refers to the "clubhouse bend".

The Kempton Park annual members building is called The Cubhouse and is located just before the bend coming out of the home straight.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Point to Point :shock: I’m canceling my subs

I’m surprised grays isn’t more upset!!!

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

I detest him as a commentator.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Leads by a nose and a tail….

One
    Last
    Late
    Lunge

Used to be very good. Now cliche man. Still gets things right but really really annoying!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.