The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mark Johnson, new Announcer at Churchill……

Home Forums Horse Racing Mark Johnson, new Announcer at Churchill……

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Correct. As such I suppose he’ll either work a reduced allocation of meetings for Racetech, or else have his existing share crammed into a smaller period of time. I know no more than that, though, so won’t speculate further.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Just adding my congrats. A very knowledgeable chap whom I heard call a Kimble point to point a couple of years ago and he was also the main caller when I used to visit Huntingdon and Market Rasen for the Arab racing, but that was a few years ago now.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

I use the mute button when Shouty is commentating.

zanybody
    Participant
    • Total Posts 73

Good luck to him.

He was practising yesterday as they went towards "the clubhouse turn" at Lingfield.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Absolutley brilliant commentator. Listen to the attheraces videos were he has commentated at Stratford racecourse. Top Bloke!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

He’s done many a great commentary, usually bringing Cheltenham to a rousing end with the County Hurdle (alas no longer). What a commentary on Isio’s VC win ATR showed a few times in the run up to yesterdays race – "No quarter asked for, none is given" – Fantastic stuff!
    How did he get The National taken off him? Thought him & Hoilesy were a great team in it.

With regards Churchill it just shows if you put the work in, you sometimes get the reward.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

Mark is no stranger to the US scene : he has been a guest caller at Suffolk Downs – and did a great job , imho.

allaction
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Well done to Mark – always one of the most enthusiastic and hard-working of commentators: he deserves this fantastic appointment. With his USA and Jersey work, he can be a tax exile now!!!

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

I think he lost the National Gig after complaining about the fact that the commentary box is up on the County Stand is has about 100 or so steps from the bottom to the top.

Maybe John Hunt or Richard Hoiles can confirm this about the box at Aintree.

Viewing 9 posts - 18 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.