The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Novice Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Mares Novice Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“As is talking horse jet powered, be interesting to see what nicky runs”

Luccia now also entered in a mares novice hurdle and a novice hurdle this Saturday with Jet Powered only entered into the Friday race, so looks like Jet Powered races on the Friday and Luccia in one of the Saturday races.

That is assuming the ground is perfect of course.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Come on Luccia

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Smoooooth

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

That went well. She looked like the winner every step of the way.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Indeed no complaints here, good time as well just 4 seconds slower than standard, even looked green when she hit the front

Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Same as most, LUCCIA at 10/1 ew. A very nice mare who’s beating of Mullins Eabha Grace at Sandown last season puts her right up there with the Irish mares (Slightly in front) on collateral form. Now we can see she is slick over her hurdles and still a tad green which screams improvement to come. :good:

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

Won’t be surprised if Luccia goes off very short for this

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Does anyone know if Luccia is likely to run again before the festival? Doesn’t look like she has an entries and just had a quick google search and couldn’t see any updates after she was withdrawn from the Tolworth at Sandown.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Realise RPRs are not for everyone, and this year they seem to be throwing more controversial numbers than normal, but Night + Day was given 140. I’m not too sure how they’ve arrived at that figure given those in behind, but you couldn’t help but be taken by her size and performance.
    Having thrown her in the proper deep in last year, they obviously think she’s talented. This race really is wide open this year.

Luccia has looked very useful but the horse she beat was beaten last time out + in her 2nd bumper she thrashed a WPM’s mare getting 7lbs. She won as she liked but Eabha Grace won 1 bumper start from 5. To be fair she’s looked respectable over hurdles without again looking like a Mullin’s wondermare.

I’m tempted to add Night + Day for all, a maiden hurdle winner at like 8 or 10/1 seems short, I do remember the likes of Allegorie De Vassy being the same price last year before beating Brandy Love.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

“Does anyone know if Luccia is likely to run again before the festival? Doesn’t look like she has an entries and just had a quick google search and couldn’t see any updates after she was withdrawn from the Tolworth at Sandown.”

I heard the Sidney banks was a possibility

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Thanks FF, she certainly looked green when winning on hurdles debut so would rather she went to Cheltenham with a bit more experience

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“Realise RPRs are not for everyone”

I’d expect a man of your manifest knowledge to be compiling his own, Jack, and I’m not even joking.

No one ever got an edge by taking any notice of ratings that are in the public domain where, not to put too fine a point on it, any f****r can see them.

RPRs are compiled by overexcited anorak overgrown schoolboys who are just gagging to find the next Frankel/Arkle/whatever and give them monster ratings.

In later life they become BHA Handicappers and calm down.

A bit.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Ian, this is something i’ve always been quite interested in doing. However, having a 2yo and another on the way make it a little tricky.

I do not follow RPRs blindly, nor do i follow Timeform or Pro-form for that matter. I do like to have them along with everything else to form a selection.

As for the RPR given to the horse i mention, i did say i’m not exactly sure how they arrive at that rating. She’s won it as she liked and looks like a well put together mare. However, the RPR given is 4pds higher than Dinoblue’s last year and i’d comfortably say Dinoblue’s race was a better version of the race. DB didn’t win as far but i’d be shocked if this year’s horses in behind are much use at all.

In saying that though, if you even took 10pds off N+D’s RPR (I doubt they’re that bad) you are still up there with what Ashroe Diamond and Luccia have achieved. The more i look at Luccia i’d want to be against her currently. Yes she’s won nicely, but her form doesn’t translate to her price for me.

Elliot’s also got some strong contenders but it’s hard to workout what will run here.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

I’d definitely prefer night and day to ashroe diamond myself

Don’t like ashroe diamonds profile at all

The Aintree bumper she won was dirt

And she travelled like the winner in the Royal bond before finding nothing. The race would need to completely fall apart for her to win imo. Be very worried about her getting up the hill.

Looking forward to seeing luccia again, if the mighty hill goes chasing next season I’d have her as a wild outsider for the 2024 champion hurdle.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Luccia is going to head to the Listed Virgin Bet Novices Hurdle at Exeter on February 12.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

That should put her spot on. :o)

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.