The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Hurdle

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

One of my favourite betting races at the festival over the years, backing Quevega throughout the season at odds ranging from 6/4 to 4/6 was printing money!

Now it is a totally different ball game with doubts over Annie Powers fitness and also what her target this year will be!! I have been backing a decent mare EW for a good while now as I know if she turns up she either places or if Annie doesn’t turn up she will be ridden by Ruby!! Mare is of course Glens Melody who I like a lot this year :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Annie Power virtually certain to be targeted at this race according to Mullins today, stating she’s fit and well at home.

Quevega MkII. Some may knock it, but I like to have a banker onside at Cheltenham so will be helping myself to some 5/4 thank you very much.

Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Just looking at this race i think annie power is a banker for this.Always run well in mares events was really impressive after her second in the world hurdle.Willie loves to win this race and with the brilliant quvega not there i think annie power will do him proud.

What’s the plans regarding annie?.,i read she is sound and well straight to the festival or is willie going to get a prep run in her?.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2864

According Ruby all’s well at home. But says that even the slightest setback would put her back. Therefore I read this as she would go straight there as long as all goes to plan :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

According Ruby all’s well at home. But says that even the slightest setback would put her back. Therefore I read this as she would go straight there as long as all goes to plan :?

This is the reason there’s still a touch of odds against available. There is a slight concern with her having had a previous setback and being off the track, at least with Quevega you knew that was the way they trained her and she’d be 100% ready to roll.

Still, I’ve taken the chance and had 6/4, 11/8, 5/4 and we’ll hopefully be looking back and thinking she was one of the all time festival bankers :D

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Old Glens Melody is winding up nicely towards this race. She ran quite well in the open G1 over Christmas and was a shade unlucky against Champion Hurdle outsider Kitten Rock at the weekend, losing momentum with a mistake at the last.

I’d prefer her over Aurore D’Estruval and the rest in the ‘without Annie Power’ market.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I see this happening – Annie Power misses the festival and Morning Run takes up her position as Mullins favourite in the race before going on to romp home in this and win by 5 + lengths.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Also fancy Analifet to run a big race, Mullins has slowly been bringing her back this season and I get the impression he’s left a lot to work with, he didn’t want to hinder the horse by getting her 100% too soon so come March we’ll see a much improved animal.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Aurora D’Estruval out of the race. That’s a real shame from a betting point of view as Annie will now be long odds on, whereas you’d hope to get nearer EVS with Aurora in the field.

Slate connections all you want, but i’m more than happy to have a couple of bankers onside in the post Quevega days :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Me and my mate have a prediction, we backed the 2nd and 3rd horses home last year e/w and we think the exact same tricast could easily come in, only replace the willie mulins winner quevega with another willie mullins odds-on shot

Annie Power
    Glens Melody
    L’unique

fill dem boots

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Me and my mate have a prediction, we backed the 2nd and 3rd horses home last year e/w and we think the exact same tricast could easily come in, only replace the willie mulins winner quevega with another willie mullins odds-on shot

Annie Power
    Glens Melody
    L’unique

fill dem boots

I’ve had a decent bet with Skybet Glens Meolody W/O Annie Power @ 11/4 prior to AD being scratched. Now 2/1 which looks fair on recent form.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

As with UDS, I am leaving the Annie Power debate to braver punters more willing to wade in at short odds.

I was a Glens Melody fan for a long time, but she does make a significant mistake in most of her races. I’d still have her clear of L’Unique, who was flattered to get close to her last year, but Polly Peachum at her best has the form to gobble them both. Her handicap win at the end of last season was a superb performance and her early-season win suggests that Nicky Henderson hasn’t ruined this one.

I’m on Polly Peachum in the Betting Without Annie market.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2864

Well that cost me about £120 but the sight of Annie Power on her feet was more than consolation :good:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Well that cost me about £120 but the sight of Annie Power on her feet was more than consolation :good:

UDS, Machine, AP £20 treble? I hear that 😥

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Painful for you…I thought PP had won it until I saw the replay

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

That was for TYF – forgot to hit quote!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.