The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Hurdle 2023

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Mares Hurdle 2023

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Jack stop trying to play the school ground bully , when have i not taken it back ? , I’m not shy of giving my opinion whether its right or wrong , it’s a forum that’s the whole point of it …

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Really hope Marie’s Rock ends up in this. Teahupoo is a tougher opponent than any of the mares in my opinion.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

My only interest in this is to back Honeysuckle – though not at as big a price as some – but it’s against my better judgement as regressive racehorses usually find a way to lose even if the numbers say otherwise.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Does her runs this season not win her this ?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I’d say so, HDLG, but I think she won’t run to even this season’s level because she’s regressing – that’s my point.

I will be pleasantly surprised if I collect tbh.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

If the ground is going to be soft, I think Love Envoi comes back into the equation here.

I backed her after her Sandown stroll but had slightly gone off her. But the conditions look like they might be coming right for her.

I doubt Epatante or Echoes in Rain are going to relish the distance on the ground (I will not be surprised if Epatante runs in the Champion instead). I am still not convinced by Brandy Love.

The big question is where is Maries Rock going to run.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Maries rock is now favourite to win this on the exchange after being 15.0 yesterday morning

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Looks like everyone in the Henderson yard has lumped on. 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Brandy Love for me, worth taking a chance that she’ll be fully fit at 6/1. Herself and Allergori De Vassy were miles ahead of the rest of the mare novice hurdlers last season and Brandy Love’s demolition of Love Envoi can’t be overlooked.

Looks like Mullins has sorted out her lunatic antics and if she’s as good as I think she is she’ll beat a declining Epatante and Honeysuckle and should be better than Maries Rock who won a lacklustre mares hurdle last year.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I think there is more than a fair chance that Maries Rock will come here with the ground the way it is and try a repeat. They can go 3 miles at Aintree if they want.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

I’ll be astonished if she doesn’t run in this now!

It’s the right race even on good to soft. If they were to attempt 3m on Thursday in soft (possibly worse looking at the forecast) it would be suicidal to her chances!

westender69
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

Tom Palin confirms Marie’s Rock going for the Mares with Nico on board.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

The light of justice shines brightly!!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“The light of justice shines brightly!!”

3rd place ain’t bad I suppose ;o) lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Marie is going to need a personal best to win here , this is a much stronger renewal than last year , it’s not a race I normally bother to much with but with 12s on Honeysuckle and 6s Epanante I’m hoping it’s going to be enjoyable and profitable

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Winning the relkeel on her only start this season seems the best bit of form on offer to me.

The soft ground plays into her hands more than anyone else’s also.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Id say Honeysuckles 2nd last time is stronger , it’ll be interesting to see if the money comes for her if State Man runs a big race

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.