The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Hurdle 2023

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Mares Hurdle 2023

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Maries rock was having her 7th run of the season at punchestown Mike

Maybe she was over the top as well?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I doubt it. She had a 6 week break from Cheltenham which was nice for her.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Cashed out Honeysuckle, connections confirmed she won’t be running here.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Shed been on the go since October running every month

we have no idea if either were over the top was more the point I was making

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“we have no idea if either were over the top was more the point I was making”

If you have no idea if either were over the top then you can’t be sure that Epatante doesn’t stay a proper 2 and a half miles ;o)

Been fun reading and joining in the debate/opinions so far, making of a good race potentially. :o)

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Been chilling away at brandy love for months, would be getting nervous now thoufh if im honest, id be wanting to see her out soon

Best bet of the fes for me so far

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Yes Mike it’s a good discussion

Honeysuckle completely ruled out of this

Champion hurdle or nothing if anyone backed her maybe check if cash out is still there

Participant
    • Total Posts 13203

I had Shewearsitwell marked down as a definite to follow after her win
    at Tipperary back in October 20. Extremely impressive when not extended
    in a fast time.

The wheels came off the barra when on her return a year later, she went off
    fav at Leopardstown but made a really bad mistake at the 3rd and then crashed
    out at the 4th. I think the horse lost confidance after that and despite winning
    a poor race at Killarney at long odds on, she didn’t look the same horse the rest
    of that year.

They gave her a couple of months off, I think to work on her mentally more than
    anything. She came back out and having got caught in thepack came storming through
    to win at Punchestown in November. She appeared again last month at Leopardstown and
    looked much more like the horse that impressed me 2 years back, winning handsomely by
    8L.

Paul Townend said she had improved from her win at Punchestown “confidence wise as much
    as anything”

This is her distance and I think she could improve again. She has a big chance.

Shewearsitwell 14/1 Skybet.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Looks like epatante has not been entered in this

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Epatante sole entry is the Champion Hurdle – quite odd, imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Maybe connections know she will not stay at Cheltenham.

But on Oddschecker, four firms continue to offer a price about her. :wacko:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Jp likes champion hurdle runners and she’s his only real option

The likely explanation

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

FF, he surely likes Cheltenham winners more. I wonder if Nicky, a legendary worrier, simply wants cover should Constitution Hill meet with an accident before or during the race?

With Honeysuckle entered but almost certainly going for the Champion Hurdle, it’s a whole new ball game now. I suspect Marie’s Rock might actually end up in the Stayers – she has an entry and her owners don’t mind at all having a tilt at the stars.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Well, much like Honeysuckle, if she has declined enough to have no chance in the CH, she’s probably not still good enough to win the mares. The latter is not a tremendously strong race but one of a fit and firing Love Envoi, Queens Brook and Willie’s mares would likely beat the big two if they had declined enough to be definitely not CH standard any more.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Looks like Hendersons team simply forgot to enter her and its still an option

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Thanks for the heads up, cashed out, dunno where she may end up. That leaves me with Brandy Love who is nowhere to be seen ;o). At least she has an entry

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

“She was meant to be in there,” Henderson said. “I’ve spoken to [owner] JP [McManus], who was very good about it all, and we can supplement her if we want to go for that race. I’ve told them I’ll personally cover the cost if she is supplemented as it was my fault.

“It was my mistake, no one else’s. I would suggest she’s included in the race from a betting perspective, you can take it from me that as far as we’re concerned she’s in the race and we’ll decide whether to go for it, or the Champion Hurdle, closer to the race as we had originally planned to do.

“She should be in the race, we are working as if she is in the race and we can supplement her if we need to do so, which is a relief.”

Hendo must’ve been on the Brandy early this morning

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.