The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

I think she’ll be good enough to overcome that energy wasting jumping and slight tendency to jump right and win anyway- but if she keeps jumping like that, with that big frame, she won’t stay sound.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Allegorie clearly has an engine but – rather like Galopin Des Champs last season – she makes me nervous every time she jumps.

Good luck to anyone on at a nice price but 7/4 makes no appeal. She will probably be a bigger price on the day.

Last year’s winner Elimay is now as big as 18/1 in a place. Maybe she is not as good as last year and vulnerable to a newcomer but she is a very big price if she can find her best form again.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

It’s not a given that she will jump like that at Cheltenham because she didn’t do it first time out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Cork i can’t think of much word about Elimay recently can you?

Also JP buying Impervious would give a negative feel to her soundness to me. For all, buying mares is partly due to their after racing career.

As for Allegorie, it’s her 2nd start over fences and Thurles is a track that really can test a novice. Granted at the price you have to have it as a big negative the way she jumped to the right at times. I still don’t think it was all THAT bad. She has such athleticism and such an engine i don’t think it’ll matter come March. I’d actually go as far as to say i think she’d win the JLT.

I do however agree GAG, if the jumping continues as it is, she will cause herself problems in the future.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Advs 2 chase starts have produced rprs of 153 and 157

That puts her right up there with the boys

I think she could be good enough to be competing in open company grade 1s next season

She still looks raw and can see her improving plenty for the next season or two

Hopefully if she wins the mares chase this season they aim higher next season

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 450

I’m quite confident that Jeremy’s Flame can put it up to the front two here, and I have bet her accordingly

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Silver Spoon, I’m still trying to get used to this race, but she is my ante-post selection.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

My 6 year old is dancing around warbling “Honeysuuucklle I’m your biggest faaaan”. If she wins the child will be more unbearable than Chezza when he’s proved right.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Echoes hating it, she wants to do a Dysart Dynamo.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

I need to find the mute button for the kid but fair dues that was great.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Oops wrong thread! Anyway, that was fab to see. What a great tough mare.

• Total Posts 14971

Had no plans to bet in this race, but that 25’s for Elimay looks just a wee bit wrong to me.

Elimay 25’s EW

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I took the same Bobby , course form and Walsh up with headgear to help

Participant
    • Total Posts 7473

I’ve been using a figures method this week, reflecting how I used to appraoch the meeting, with moderate success. The method highlights 2 hear, Allegorie De Vassy whose form is strong but price not in my realm, but Magic Daze has a bit to find though a live chance and on at 10.0 this morning (shorter in most markets).

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 759

Small E/W on last years 1st two, 25s and 50s

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Token bet on the fav. She’s a beast.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Allegorie De Vassy 5-2.
    Good luck all.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.