The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Marden Court

Home Forums Memorials Marden Court

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I’m not sure what the point being made here is to be honest but it seems entirely inappropriate to play it out here.
    Can we move on, and if we want to have a discussion on Paddy Brennan’s qualities then feel free to open a topic in the ‘Horse Racing’ section.
    Thanks folks

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

I’m not sure what the point being made here is to be honest but it seems entirely inappropriate to play it out here.
    Can we move on, and if we want to have a discussion on Paddy Brennan’s qualities then feel free to open a topic in the ‘Horse Racing’ section.
    Thanks folks

Guess it’s a good idea.

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

I didn’t report this topic – I reported that it had been reported and no action had yet been taken …

Participant
    • Total Posts 363

and yes I could see that the horse had very serious injuries but I couldn’t say whether it was leg/s, back, pelvis … but evidently Ex RubyLight could … so I thought he/she had got another source of info that’s all …

Participant
    • Total Posts 17

RIP Marden Court :( I for one remember the photos of Paddy Brennan comforting the stricken Synchronised so I would like to think he did all he could do for the horse until help came.

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

Brennan couldn’t have done anymore. He was trying to keep the horse down but if it wants to lift it’s front half off the ground one man is not going to be able to stop it. As others have said he should have had some help from those on the course.

As for this idea that Paddy should have pulled the horse up because he hadn’t jumped the first five fences well? How often do we see that happen?

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

I suggest you ALL have a look at the replay. There were at least two emergency vehicles there and the guy making sure they stayed clear was wearing a yellow jacket suggesting he was either a medic or vet. I am surprised they didn’t get the screens up though.

As for keeping a horse down I’ve always heard that sitting on their necks does the job. If they can’t lift their heads they can’t get the leverage to get up.

RIP Marden Court. :cry:

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.