The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Many clouds entry

Home Forums Horse Racing Many clouds entry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AKP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Just a thought…

If burton port had not sadly been put down after a fall do you think many clouds would have been scratched.

Oliver sherwood has already said that it was Hemings decision to run and that sherwood would have preferred another year.

Very pleased for the winner, similar to sherwood I had shortlisted him for next year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Hemmings is not averse to having more than one runner in a race and I think he would have still run Many Clouds even if Burton Port had run.

An interesting quandary is that Phil Smith has said he will put Many Clouds up 7lbs and will not be dropping him for the National no matter how badly he runs next season. Isn’t this a discouragement for National winners to run in chases the following season with so much prize money in the National and the risk of injury?

Although this may not be the case with such a big owner as Hemmings, it may deter smaller owners like Pineau De Re’s from running in chases the following season after winning the race.

AKP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

I think it really depends on how high their mark is.

Luckily I don’t think it would make much difference to many clouds because he will only carry one more pound than he did this year.

But I agree with you had it been a horse at the lower end of the weights.

I don’t really like the fact that a lot of trainers opt for hurdle races all season just to look after their mark for the national

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.