The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lucksin downs- A rip off

Home Forums General Sports Lucksin downs- A rip off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

I bet the ground has never knowingly been over-watered at Lucksin Downs, though.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. and there’s never a non-trier.

ButtersUK
    • Total Posts 2

I usually do 50p bets each on the back 2 horses (e.g. 12/1 & 33/1) when I do Lucksin Downs, I sometimes win.

Better than wasting a tenner on the fav.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

All the lads who backed Numide in my home town on friday and saturday, did so at 10-1, as the other local shop is a william hill and they were only 8s at the time. Yet almost everyone who backed it has come back and said that ladbrokes have tried telling them they were only getting 5-1, and that the price was never bigger than 7s, what a crock.

My brother went in on monday and collected his, and said he was in there for about half an hour before they eventually got paid 10s, other lads have come back and said that they had to argue to get 10s out of them, and that they were also told that the horse was never bigger than 7-1, even after my brother had spent an hour with them before getting 10s, so they must have known that it was 10s.

The local ladbrokes has just taken over from barney eastwoods, who appears to have sold all his shops to ladbrokes, and I always found that Eastwoods was the most crooked bookies you could find. If you used telephone betting with him, then your winnings would automatically be transferred out at the end of the day (whether you wanted them taken out or not) to a holding agent, after which you would have to wait just over two weeks whilst eastwoods made interest off your winnings.

It could be that the ex eastwoods staff in the shop are trying a fast one, or perhaps the ladbrokes main computer is wrong, but somethings isnt right there.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

When is the Ladbrokes computer ever right?

They are perhaps the worst of the high-street bookmakers in terms of customer service, and their telephone and internet operations aren’t much better.

That said, the ability to withdraw cash from an internet account is brilliant.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4723

I usually do 50p bets each on the back 2 horses (e.g. 12/1 & 33/1) when I do Lucksin Downs, I sometimes win.

I despair!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Please tell me you are joking!

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

The horses their look like Section A welsh ponies, why both, save your money and go buy one of the G1 Jockey series.

I hate virtual racing, its an insult too racing.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Why the snobby replies if ButtersUK wants to enjoy a virtual flutter?

I’m the first to agree the wheel of wealth (roulette) and virtual racing are not the right medium for a proper punt, but the terminals take more money than anything over the counter (?)

Considering what big business they are, I always wonder why there is so little info about the FOBT’s…

I’ve kinda given in to believing they are random…

But are they?

I am a simpleton when it comes to computer programming and algorithms and RNG’s.

What say’st thou?

Zip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorand … _generator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.