The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Linda Perrett

Home Forums Horse Racing Linda Perrett

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Linda is not having the best of starts from her new base.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

I’m sure Linda Perrett

(SIC)

is absolutely crushed not to be meeting whatever performance matrix you have set her.

They’re running like drains at present, certainly, but I’m sure nobody’s getting too suicidal over it yet. It’s been a trying, itinerant last six to nine months for Miss Perratt, but she’ll probably come good eventually. I seem to recall her string having similarly slow starts to the season in both 2005 and 2007 also.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Linda

Perratt

‘s slow start pales into insignificance when compared with yet another slow start by Donal Nolan who hasn’t recorded a winner since 2004 in 400+ attempts. That being said, Dubai To Barnsley came close to ‘ruining’ that record when finishing a neck second to Silvanus at Musselburgh recently.

Nolan does have the consolation of picking up a regular supply of ‘best turned out’ prizes.

Rob

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Linda Perrat has proven that she knows how to train a racehorse. The winners will come.

BELIEVE Tom!!

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

At the moment her horses are strugling to get out of last place.

What was the real reason for her moving out and Mr Semple moving back into Belstane Stables?

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Gordon McDowell gave her the sack as far as I know and instated Ian Semple as trainer.

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Why I wonder?

Did she not nearly amass the same number of winners that Ian Semple managed the year before?

I thought Mr Semple the year before had decided to call it a day and enjoy retirement.

Why the return of Mr Semple and not a new trainer found?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

I thought Mr Semple the year before had decided to call it a day and enjoy retirement.

Not quite;

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70415&start=0

HTH,

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

As far a I can remember Ian Semple was Linda Perratt’s assistant during here time training for Gordon McDowell.

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Linda still waiting for that first winner.

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

Tom , I am not sure what your MO is , but each post seems to be moaning or knocking something , albeit in a very clever fashion

Can I ask that just maybe you would consider posting in the big blue forum and you will find yourself in the company of kindred spirits , which I am sure you will bask in the glory of being the star performer

Meanwhile in this small outpost we can have a bitch about real racing issues

good luck to you ………

Ricky

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

happy, Rick is this your own private domain.

If youi don’y like my comments then why bother to read and comment on them?

:shock: ever think of that?

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

Ok Tom ,you have a point I will ignore you

keep on being your delightful constructive self (not )

thanks for boring me some more !!!!

Ricky

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

A first, a second and a fourth from three runners at Musselburgh suggests that whatever was hindering the Perratt string previously might now be behind them. All three put in decent efforts.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I would have provided stiffer opposition to Birkside than what turned up last night. It was an unpleasant sight to see what she’d done to Silver Rime at Haydock on Saturday. In similar vein Cold Quest has been tailed off for her on both starts since leaving John Gosden.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

David

What was the problem with Silver Rime? It must be said that Cold Quest went rather dramatically downhill over the course of a month when swapping stables.

The problem with taking other people’s cast-offs is that there is normal a good reason for them being so. Mind you, that doesn’t stop some trainers re-vitalising newcomers to their stables.

Jamieson Gold was well outclassed by Fremen but did at least make a mark in handicap yesterday and Shunkawakhan had a decent go from the front.

I hope from Perratt’s point of view that this apparent ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ isn’t a train coming the other way….

Rob

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Davidjohnson, Are you implying Linda Perratt is purposefully ruining the racing careers of these two horses?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.