The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lincoln Trial 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lincoln Trial 2010

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    muchofmuchness
    • Total Posts 12

Anyone fancy helping me crack this competitve looking handicap?

muchofmuchness
    • Total Posts 12

As usual a typically tough looking nut to crack.

There does not look like a lot of early pace on here with not many that are confirmed front runners, with General Eliot a non runner there are only a few that can/do front run.

Noble Citizen, Full Toss and Collateral Damage all can lead, Noble Citizen looks interesting but looks better over shorter, Full Toss is the exact opposite, looks better over further. Hard to know what to make of Collateral Damage based on his limited all weather form.

My Two against the field are

Tartan Gigha

and

Fanunalter

Tartan Gigha has been very progressive on the all weather with a couple of decent runs over in Dubai should put him spot on for this combined with the drop in trip he should go close. Drawn well to race prominent he should be able go with the pace.

Fanunalter looks the least exposed in the field and looks to have potential. Based on form comments it looks like he has taken a bit to come to hand, now gelded may have more to come, worry would be his slow starts and would not want to get shuffled back early on, needs to break well and sit just off the pace, has the ability to finish strongly. If trained on as a 4yo could be tough to beat.

Of the rest Flipando has found a new lease of life on the all weather over the last couple of seasons winning this race last year off 4ibs lower mark, won a 6f handicap with ease last month should have him spot on for this. Drawn low, he can drop in midfield behind the pace and not forced to go wide like a few of these hold up horses may be forced to do.

• Total Posts 1217

Hugely competitive, think the two you mentioned will be in the reckoning but I’ve gone for Flipando, course form is sensational and got one of the best pilots on board, especially at Wolverhampton.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Autumn Blades always travels well but very often finds nothing but with 30k at stake he might just put his best foot forward…..David Probert is brilliant round this track which is a big plus so I’ll risk 20 quid at big odds on Betfair.

muchofmuchness
    • Total Posts 12

Good luck with your selections lads.

Aside from the two I’m backing in this race, I’ve had a silly little 50p reverse Tri-cast bet on Tartan Gigha, Flipando & Fanunalter, should pay for the beers tonight if it comes up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.