The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Liam Treadwell – Rubbish Ride Ping Pong Sivola

Home Forums Horse Racing Liam Treadwell – Rubbish Ride Ping Pong Sivola

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Thought there would be peeps banging on about his crap ride in the penultimate race today at the festival.

He seemed to go mad on the horse about 4/5 5urlongs out?! Why, he was cruising in front?

I am convinced he would have beaten the winner if he had been more restrained. He was the best horse but was ridden way over-aggressively. If he had just let him pop along in front he could have quickened after the last and it would have been Goodnight Vienna.

Zip

Ps,
    I’ve won a few classics on my armchair :wink:

• Total Posts 2184

One of my mates had him as the last leg of his accum and he was raging. The rest of us got a good laugh though!

I’ve only watched the race live and I’d be in a better position to comment if I’d seen the re-run a few times but my first impression was that he hit the front far too soon and he was a sitting duck after the second last.

Pendle_Gazza
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

I had a decent wager on it each-way at 10-1, but didn’t think the jockey had messed up at all, and was rather just gutted that one had simply sprung out of the pack to pip it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Had a good bet on Ping Pong (win only) but I thought it was a terrific ride. The horse is one paced so needs to be ridden like that. It looked between the last 2 fences that he was going to be swallowed up by the winner; but actually fought back half way up the running. You could say if he’d made an even greater stamina test, even faster pace, it’s possible he might have won. But Treadwell could not know that a mile out.

If any jockey should recieve a rollocking it’s the third and fourth, who gave their mounts too much to do.

Unfortunate the winner put in his best round of jumping this year. Well ridden both the first two jockeys. :cry:

Mark

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I would say that criticism is pretty harsh. By kicking clear he got the whole field under pressure bar one horse. Had he have waited he may have brought other horses into contention and ended up being done for speed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 608

I couldn’t complain about the Treadwell ride Something Wells was only my 3rd winner at the festival after Cooldine and Garde Champetre. I was readying the noose when PPS looked to be getting back up past him on the run in, I’d put it down to a good ride by Biddick rather than a poor one by Treadwell.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Don’t agree, don’t think he could have come back on the run in if he had shot his bolt earlier.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

One of my mates had him as the last leg of his accum and he was raging. The rest of us got a good laugh though!

I’ve only watched the race live and I’d be in a better position to comment if I’d seen the re-run a few times but my first impression was that he hit the front far too soon and he was a sitting duck after the second last.

Geez, that’s cruel – last leg in an acca. :(

I’be be spiting feathers.

I still honestly believe that the jockey lost the horse that race. He was going miles better than anything else, he could have been lengths up going to the last and still not "asked a question."

To be fair. I don’t think I’ve seen the beast race before and Mark says stamina is its main weapon, so I could see why they would want to make use of him – but that much?

4 furlongs out there could be no other winner.

Zip

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

You must have been watching a different race, Getzippy. It was those very tactics that saw Ping Pong Sivola win her last two races, so what would have been the sense in doing things differently this time around? Indeed I would suggest that had she been held on to for any longer, Something Wells would have won by much further.

It would appear that your pocket has found its voice.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If Treadwell rode the race again I’d be amazed if he kicked on so soon in hindsight.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

Zip

Races don’t finish four furlongs out, they finish at the winning post.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

You must have been watching a different race, Getzippy. It was those very tactics that saw Ping Pong Sivola win her last two races, so what would have been the sense in doing things differently this time around? Indeed I would suggest that had she been held on to for any longer, Something Wells would have won by much further.

It would appear that your pocket has found its voice.

Well, empty minus empty = empty.

So that would be a "No" then, Equi.

Zip

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Zip

Races don’t finish four furlongs out, they finish at the winning post.

I thought I was the platitude king round here – damn you! :twisted:

Zip

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.