Leapordstown Christmas Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Leapordstown Christmas Hurdle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16254

All eyes will probably be on Honeysuckle, but I’m still holding out hope that she’ll go The Champion Hurdle route. If she does go here, a proper star attraction.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/187/leopardstown/2019-12-28/746403

The potential clash with Benie Des Dieux is a mouthwatering one, but from a personal point of view, I’m excited about a possible return for Elliot’s Sutton Place.

Smashing horse who never looked 100% over fences, and though he’s always been incredibly fragile, and they’ve never really fancied him as a Cheltenham horse, as unlikely as it is, I’d love to see him develop into a dark one for The Stayers Hurdle.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

Difficult to look past penhill or benie des dieux depending which one Mullins runs

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Wasn’t sure what to make of penhill FF- well beat! Hasn’t the worst record fresh either

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 87

PENHILL wants further if they all fly off at a pace hes almost always out of the race

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

He was a massive drifter in the market jack

I took that as him not being anywhere near race fit and this just being to blow out the cobwebs for Christmas

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16254

Market up…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/leopardstown-christmas-hurdle/winner

They’ve put Sutton Place in at 33’s, but I’m not biting.

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Honeysuckle at 8’s is tempting……

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Doubt she runs Euroalien.

Yep he was a drifter, so was Bacardys.

This race is really cutting up.

Benie- pulled muscle, probs makes it.

Apples- hard to trust.

Bacardys- v beatable.

If the Cap Fits- Trainer said Long Walk is the plan facing Paisley. Are they mad? Run him here.

Honeysuckle- won’t run

Penhill- probably, but has it to prove now.

Please run If the Cap Fits Mr Fry!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1213

haha Jack. If The Cap Fits will take on Paisley Park and I am looking forward to the clash. Harry Fry isn’t going to duck it, why should he, the pressure will be on Paisley to justify his 4/7 odds.

Harry Fry quote; “We can go forward with confidence and look forward to the challenge of If The Cap Fits in the Long Walk. It will not be easy but he is a true three miler and we will give it a go.”

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Harry Fry isn’t going to duck it, why should he, the pressure will be on Paisley to justify his 4/7 odds.

Why shouldn’t he?

Paisley is the best 3miler in ENG/IRE. Benie has a pulled muscle which ruled her out of Sunday, no certainty to be back, and if she is, she might not be fully straight.

Benie first time up or Paisley??

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1213

Benie first time up after a setback against Paisley I would go with Paisley.

Paisley was the best 3 mile hurdler last season, but ITCF didn’t run at Cheltenham. I backed ITCF for the Stayers Hurdle part way through last season at 16-1 as I thought the horse was crying out for 3 miles. The owners didn’t go to Cheltenham with him so I cashed out. Am on again at 10s this time as an each way alternative to the favourite once I knew they were planning to go this time. I think he has potential.
    To win first time over 2 mile 3 when I thought he had no chance over a trip likely too short these days and giving weight was both a bonus and very encouraging.

I do rate PP as well of course. So lets see them get it on!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Ok- don’t think you’re getting my point 100%.

The race in Ireland is going to majorly cut up. Alternatively, he can run in the Long Walk against the best 3miler.

Can’t see why as an owner or trainer of the horse, you’d want to take the harder option.

I’m not saying IFCFs should run scared of Paisley, just that it makes sense to go to the easier option + face PP at Chelt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.