The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lanzarote Hurdle 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lanzarote Hurdle 2007

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Interesting to see how Racing Demon gets on back in this sphere, very well in on official figs

Is this a question of how far?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Very interesting race indeed

Think it might not be soft enough for whispered promise (kempton drains so well and its been very windy and drying around here) and i didnt really like the look of Nation States last run

im always a bit dubious of chasers going back over hurdles and wonder if this is really seen as a serious target by connections or just a decent spin to see what happens

Finger on the Pulse interests me more. Seems to have been aimed at this race

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Understand the reservations Clivex and  i’m tend to be a bit cautious with chasers reverting back to hurdling, but the more i look at the race, the more i think this is Racing Demons

<br>Trip, ground no probs, you’ve just got believe he still retains his hurdling ability and if so these won’t get a look in imo<br>

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Can anyone explain why Timmy Murphy isn’t riding RD?

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Had a look around earlier for any info on that Sal, but none forthcoming i’m afraid

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Quote: from clivex on 8:43 pm on Jan. 12, <br>im always a bit dubious of chasers going back over hurdles and wonder if this is really seen as a serious target by connections or just a decent spin to see what happens<br>

Clivex

Hen started off the week by telling us he was only running here to teach him to jump his fences lower, and by Thursday warned us that he wouldn’t run if the weights went up?? You can bet your life it’s a serious target!:biggrin: <br>Personally, I think he’s thrown in; and will probably go off around half the price he is at present.<br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

very good point reet!<br>

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3089

<br>Murphy was down to ride Abragante in this, but he didn’t get into the race and now goes to Warwick – it would be no surprise to see him replace Lee.

Handicap hurdles wouldn’t exactly be the stable forte would they – I haven’t checked, but I reckon you’d need a long memory to come up with the last big race of this type they won. Current form isn’t up to much either, with the stable 2/46 over hurdles since Nov 1st.

Interesting watching – especially if he goes as sharply right as he did at some of the fences round Huntingdon, as there’s no inside rail on the hurdle track here to stop him. In the KG, Murphy stuck to the inside rail so he had to jump straight!

AP

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

R/Post states that the reason that Murphy isn’t riding is because he is unlikely to be able to ride RD at the festival and connections want Lee to ride him until end of season. Often difficult to judge when chasers go back to hurdling imo. Finger on the Pulse is my choice with daryal looking best of the longer shots.   <br>

rolandroland
    • Total Posts 302

i’ve been waiting for finger onthepulse to run for ages, high lighted and a couple of asterisks next to his name in my notebook after his two easy wins at naas early on in the season, i’ll be having my biggest bet of the season so far on him.<br>when the initial weights for this were shown at the 5 day stage i thought a 17lb raise was a bit excessive but i have been impressed with his jockey thus far this season.

Racing demon always just gives me too many reasons not to back him.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Some good points,  but surely were just talking about retained hurdling ability.

If RD had never gone chasing he would probably be odds on for this. If it were a chase he’d probably be odds on

I think you have to take the view race conditions suit, recent form shows him in good heart.  He’s stronger,  more experienced than his last hurdle run and go  with him at these odds

Not a cert, but personally i’d be a backer  down to 5-2, if i’m wrong i lose a couple of points

<br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 12:13 pm on Jan. 13, 2007)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Racing Demon for me. If it imporves on its last hurdle win its a shoe in.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

We’ll never know

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Never expected it ending up on deck even after ballooned first couple

Seemed to get up alright and hopefully ok to battle another day and thats main

<br>

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

I changed my mind  so many times about this horse today. Started the day thinking he is a shoe in, remembering his sunalliance second, then started to think, well, will 2m 5f be far enough for him at Kempton…………

Then was giving it all the hu ha about i dont generally back horses returning to hurdles from fences, they tend not to give them as much respect once they have jumped the bigger obsticles at least a few times.

So, i went of him and backed Afrad and Nation State e/w……..

Then when he was settled in the rear, he hit 11/2 on betfair and i had a few quid on in running.

Should have stuck to my guns by saying i don’t back horses returning to hurdles………. but that is what this game is all about.

Just like i had given up with Ladalko, backed him so many times (lumped on at cheltenham last time and didnt even lay the bet off at 1.2 in running) – Gutted. Im just glad i didnt lay him when he came under pressure, i was close to doing so!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.