The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kingman

Home Forums Horse Racing Kingman

Viewing 7 posts - 35 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    edinahib
    • Total Posts 198

Last post was aiden obriens 3yo colts weren’t up speed. Sorry missed that out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I expect Kingman to be more Canford Cliffs than Frankel. But let’s face it, you wouldn’t turn down a Canford Cliffs would you?

A fair few on here have called Canford average…. :shock:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Best price Kingman is now 2/1 and I’d take that if I weren’t already on at bigger.[/quote

Generally 5/4 now, Toormore could be 2nd fav by Friday and Australia is as big as 5/1 now.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

edinahib
    • Total Posts 198

Looks like war command and Australia are both running. Aiden obrien still seems awfully confident they will both take the beating but without a previous run I think both will maybe struggle for fitness. It could be obriens three year olds will be better later in the season but it is now shaping up into a cracking guineas. Just need toormore to prove he’s ok in his trial and then he could have a cracking race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I thought on paddock inspection Kingman would come on for the run. Heard 3/1 was available after the race. :( 7/4 best price now, seems fair. I was mightily impressed. The man from Ballydoyle’s "best ever" will struggle to beat the King. The Australia’n Triple Crown seems miles away.

May be they won’t be so nervours about defeating Triple Crown chances with their own horse and let War Command run?

Or will their Wonder Horse get a small problem that rules him out of Newmarket altogether?

One part seems to be coming true. :wink:

When Imperial Monarch looked a big danger to Ballydoyle’s own "best ever" (Camelot) they pulled him out of both Derby and St Leger. When it looked as if Ballydoyle’s new "best ever" (Australia) had a less than brilliant field to beat – War Command looked set to go elsewhere. Surprise Surprise; now there’s a Kingman well capable of winning an average 2000 Guineas (Australia likely to get beat) team Coolmore change their minds about where War Command is likely to go. :roll: :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1401

I’m convinced that I’ve seen the 2000 Guineas winner in Kingman. Toormore will have to put up a stellar performance in the Craven if he’s to challenge my current views on Mr Gosden’s flying machine.

James Doyle has described Kingman as a "Ferrari". Kinda reminds me when, back in 1986, Greville Starkey described Dancing Brave as "bombproof with porsche-like acceleration" :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I am a fan of both Kingman and Australia.

In a previous thread, prior to the Greenham, I opined that Australia would be much better concentrating on The Derby.

I followed Kingman last season and backed him again on saturday at Newbury. I expected him to win but was surprised by the mannner of his victory, yet at the same time, completely bowled over.

How impressive was that ? 8)

I don’t know what plans Aidan has Guineas wise, but I’m sure John Gosden won’t be losing a minute’s sleep worrying over it.

Kingman will win the 2,000 Guineas. Take any price you like.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 7 posts - 35 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.