King George V Stakes 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 King George V Stakes 2018

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2542

5:35 – King George V Stakes (Handicap)
    Another tough handicap for three year olds to close out day three here with plenty in with chances. Cross Counter goes for Godolphin who won this last year with a well backed favourite but this is a step up in class. First Eleven comes from a good yard and has the high-flying Frankie Dettori on his back. The Gosden inmate has looked a good horse this season and can improve again here. He looks to be well handicapped for a race of this nature. The selection instead goes to COMMUNIQUE (13/2) who won a decent race last time and the 9lb hike looks fair. That was the first time he encountered faster ground and he relished it. He gets that ground again today and will bid to win again for trainer Mark Johnstone. Corgi could be the one to look at each way at a big price.

1st – Communique 13/2
    2nd – First Eleven 11/2
    3rd – Cross Counter 11/2
    4th – Corgi 14/1

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

3 for me. I felt First Eleven looked the part at Newbury and has the scope to keep up with the handicapper. Cross Counter put up a mighty performance off a big weight at Sandown and should relish this. Finally, Lucius Tiberius just looks a tad overpriced considering he contested a Listed race last time out and the winner’s gunning for the Edward VII tomorrow.

First Eleven 13/2
    Cross Counter 8/1
    Lucius Tiberius 14/1

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

If I could get my hands on Jim Crowley…

The cretin.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Unlucky Charles and all FE backers, but that’s race riding – wasn’t going to get out of the way.
    If you were unlucky think of Jonibake.

value is everything
    Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

If I could get my hands on Jim Crowley…

Haha, we can’t blame him unfortunately! That’s just how it goes.

Annoyed to clearly be on the best horse in the race, but what can you do!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

He was the last leg in my £3ew accumulator with Magic Wand, Stradivarius and Ostillio :( Never been so gutted to see a Frankel win. But as Ginge says “that’s racing”….

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.