The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 497 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

He’ll probably run in Ireland but I’m having a little each way on Kempes at 66/1 for this. I think he’d do well on his form through China Rock, distance and ground should be fine.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

He’ll probably run in Ireland but I’m having a little each way on Kempes at 66/1 for this. I think he’d do well on his form through China Rock, distance and ground should be fine.

I know I keep banging on about him, but there’s something about Kempes over three miles that makes me think, one of these days, he’ll win a really big race.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I know I keep banging on about him, but there’s something about Kempes over three miles that makes me think, one of these days, he’ll win a really big race.

If you put a straight line through his beating of China Rock to that horses performance against Kauto he don’t look half bad and is likely to improve which is the opposite of Kauto, 66/1 looks a big each way bet to me.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

If you put a straight line through his beating of China Rock to that horses performance against Kauto he don’t look half bad and is likely to improve which is the opposite of Kauto, 66/1 looks a big each way bet to me.

Put it this way, I’ve taken the 9/4 about The King, and just for fun I’ll be having a (for want of a better phrase) Dutch Forecast, and Kempes (along with the MACHINE OF SECONDNESS that is Forpadydeplasterer) is very much on my list.

Unless, of course, Kempes runs in the Lexus, then I am ON.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Having watched the mighty

Imperial Commander

strut his stuff round Haydock and thank goodness the race wasn"t over another 50yds as Tidal Bay would have caught him,i have to say he still looks as much of a Gold cup horse as he doesn"t look a King George type,if he was mine he would be going over to Ireland over Xmas and avoiding Kempton like the plague,a race like the Lexus at Leopardstown would be his for the taking,well on a line through What a Friend it would be anyway,bring on

Joncol

on home turf! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I thought i was being clever getting a whole £2 on

Cooldine

for this years King George at 210 on the machine earlier on,he now trades at 250! Does somebody know something i dont? If he preps in the Durkan,i still reckon he will go to Kempton,Keep the faith and that! :shock:

• Total Posts 2440

Noel Fehily booked to ride Kauto Star in the King George!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Very happy indeed with that, far more suited to the horse than AP.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

A good choice he must be over the moon

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

William Hill and Paddy Power are offering 16/1 tonight about

Cooldine

winning this years King George,that would suggest to me there is still a chence he could turn up! However Sporting Bet are going

50/1

,very rare you see such a massive discrepancy in high st firms pricing a race! I wonder if Ginge is their odds compiler! :shock:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

edited – wrong thread.

• Total Posts 1982

With question marks surrounding a lot of the fancied horses, I also think that Forpady (12/1) has solid ew claims. He’s always appeared to need further and is well worth a try over this trip (brother to an Irish Pointer).

The conditions of the race suit the speedier types, so Planet Of Sound also has to enter calculations. He performed with immense credit on his seasonal bow, when third in the Betfair Chase, and Paul Nicholls has already singled him out as a danger to Kauto Star.

Like Denman, Kauto appears to have retained most of his ability and it wil take a mammoth effort from anything to beat him.

• Total Posts 33

Any news on Albertas Run after his fall and whether he’ll be going for the KG?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Wouldn’t expect to see him again until after Xmas unless he goes to Huntingdon.

Been slowly away this season and I think you’ll find he’ll be a different horse come Febuary at Ascot. :wink:

• Total Posts 128

Sorry, I do know that jockeys have different styles, etc, but if a jockey is required to ride a top-class horse, surely you go for the best available?? I would’ve thought A.P. McCoy would fall into that category?! I think Noel Feehily is a smashing jockey, but he just isn’t in the same league as McCoy. As I write this, I believe Feehily may actually miss the race also through injury? If thats the case, has it been confirmed, and who’ll pick up the ride now?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Sorry, I do know that jockeys have different styles, etc, but if a jockey is required to ride a top-class horse, surely you go for the best available?? I would’ve thought A.P. McCoy would fall into that category?! I think Noel Feehily is a smashing jockey, but he just isn’t in the same league as McCoy. As I write this, I believe Feehily may actually miss the race also through injury? If thats the case, has it been confirmed, and who’ll pick up the ride now?

McCoy is 1/4 to take the ride.

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Fair Play lads, I came here to check the mood as regards Kempes and I wasn’t wrong. There is something massively attractive about the horse. Kempton may be right up his street. AP will probably be on board if the horse goes. I’ve lumped on at 33/1 each way NRNB with Ladbrokes.

He was in my draft for the TTF but omitted him when no running plans were apparent. I’d definitely rather 33/1 NRNB than 66/1 with no safety net.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.