The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    sonalex00
    • Total Posts 1

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

demande pret personnel

Goosemand
    • Total Posts 6

Am I alone in thinking that Ask has a decent each way chance in this? Connections have said they would need good ground or softer ideally. Tons of rain forecast this weekend, so don’t think the ground will be a problem for the 25th. Unless we have a heatwave next week.

I can’t understand why the horse is nearly double the price of Youmzain and Look Here when it (just) got the measure of them both in the Coronation. 14/1 seems pretty fair to me.

Doesn’t look like a strong field this year and SMS could dominate the places. Of his others I prefer Tartan Bearer. I think this may come too soon after the eclipse for Conduit.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Tough race. Would be interested in It’s Gino to place for a bit of fun. Currently £11 on the blue at 13.5.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Youmzain injured.

Ask, Conduit and Tartan Bearer as good as confirmed with Peter Reynolds saying its most likely Moore will be riding Conduit, winder who gets the ride on Tartan Bearer, if Campanologist is pulled most likely Dettori would get the ride.

Also with a selection headache is Johnny Murtagh but I think he’d be on Golden Sword.

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

duncan is a massive price at betfair , he loves ascot , he only finished 1/2 l
    behind ask in the coronation cup will go close

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

olivier peslier will ride tartan bearer in the KG

ryan moore will be on conduit

conduit seems to be rated better than the derby runner up by connections :)

• Total Posts 1537

That can only be a positive for TB backers.

• Total Posts 1511

The 4yr colts olds + are rubbish…terrible animals. Shocking Shocking Shocking bunch of horses…i cant overstate it enough.

Its between Golden Sword and Look Here…..this race cant be insulted anymore if such a rubbish group such as Tartan Bearer/Conduit can win it.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

The 4yr colts olds + are rubbish…terrible animals. Shocking Shocking Shocking bunch of horses…i cant overstate it enough.

Its between Golden Sword and Look Here…..this race cant be insulted anymore if such a rubbish group such as Tartan Bearer/Conduit can win it.

Yep overstated to the point you look a clown. Personal opinion which cant be taken seriously by anyone.

Conduit like Zarkava gave Soldier Of Fortune a total hiding.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Golden Sword one of the outsiders of the AOB squad for the Derby. Had is chance in the Irish Derby but was made to look very ordinary by Fame and Glory. Moderate by classic stands unlikely to be placed.

Tartan Bearer runs here because SMS really has nowhere else to send him. It would be foolhardy to think he could take on Sea the Stars, Mastecraftsman and co in the Juddmonte so better here for some place money thn going to York and coming home emptyhanded. The big question mark is whether he truly gets 1m4f or not. He got home at Epsom but at the Curragh despite trouble in running looked like he didn’t stay. Too many if and buts about him for me but could see him holding on for 3rd.

Look Here is a lovely filly and while she may have ben slghtly flattered when she won the Oaks she still has plenty ability. I can’t see her winning but with Golden Sword going backwards at the death and Tartan Bearer in a simiar situation she should pick up 2nd without too much trouble.

Conduit ran a blinder when touched of at Sandown and with SMS’s doubts about Tartan Bearer’s ability to compete at top class they decided to send Conduit back to try and lift the Eclipse. He ran an excellent race coming there with every chance 2 out but just lacked the speed to trouble the front two. This trip is a completely different ball game where a combination of speed and stamina comes into play.

I doubt if any of these would have the speed to compete or run as well as he did in the Eclipse and IMO they have even less chance of beating him here. This looks like a steering job for Ryan Moore.

I can’t believe he is still available at 2/1 and can see him starting very close to evens on the day.

I’m very tempted to back him again myself but have too many eggs in his basket already. Anyone who intends backing him and hasn’t woud be wise to do so now.

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

wallace i dont understand how look here can win , conduit destroyed her last year by 6 l in the st leger , cant see her reversing the form

golden sword is a slow boat cant see him finishing in top 3 plus he had hard race in the irish derby

conduit ran a superb race in the eclipse , i think he improved a lot from 3 to 4

now back to 1m4f i cant see any horse beating him

• Total Posts 1982

The King George may have lost some of its appeal over the years, but this is a fairly solid renewal with the three leading older horses, Conduit, Tartan Bearer and Look Here, displaying much admired consistency.

Between them (forgiving Conduit his debut effort) they’ve run twenty-three times and never finished outside the placings, with fifteen of these coming at Group level, ten of which at Group One.

Conduit

made steady progress last season. Beaten in a 0-90 on his seasonal bow, he improved with every run, culminating in a Breeders Cup victory to add to his Classic success.

He was well held when third behind Sea The Stars and Rip Van Winkle in the Eclipse, with his Brigadier Gerard conqueror, Cima De Triomphe, 5L further back in fourth.

That was an improvment on his seasonal debut over the same course and distance and, like last season, we can expect more from him as the season progresses.

It’s worth noting that his record at Sandown is 0-3, with all those efforts coming over 10F – wrong trip, wrong course. Ascot over 12F should suit him more ideally.

Tartan Bearer

lost his unbeaten record over 10F at the hands of Vision d’Etat in the Prince of Wales. He did well to be placed in two Classics as a 3YO, but it’s debatable whether or not he truly stays 12F.

If there’s one man who can settle and squeeze every last drop of stamina out of him, it’s Olivier Peslier. The French jockey rides Ascot as well as anyone and his willing partner is sure to give a good account of himself.

Look Here

is a smashing filly and, in my opinion, she represents solid value at a best-priced 8/1.

She was an impressive winner of the Epsom Oaks before Conduit outstayed here at Doncaster. She looked a danger at the distance that day and I can’t see 6L seperating them on this occasion.

Seb Sanders didn’t enjoy his finest moment when she narrowly failed to land the Coronation Cup on her reappearance, but Ralph Beckett’s star ran a cracker in the Pretty Polly stakes over 10F – the shortest trip she has tackled since her maiden victory over 8F.

The winner that day, Dar Re Mi, is a consistent, improving filly who has competed well against the likes of Zarkava and an in-form Lush Lashes at Group One level.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually believe that she would beat Conduit for speed if this race turned into a tactical affair – something which is highly unlikely with some fancied Ballydoyle runners – but a strongly run race wouldn’t inconvenience her.

I think

Masterofthehorse

will prove best of the Ballydoyle contingent.

A poor Johnny Murtagh ride is a rarity, but he gave the horse far too much to do when a fast-finishing second in the Chester Vase. He once again finished better than anything when third at Epsom and, if you can forgive him a poor effort in the Irish Derby – a run too bad to be true – he comes here with place prospects at generous odds.

Golden Sword

is an admirable horse, but one can’t help feeling he’s got the run of his last three races. There’s little doubt Masterofthehorse would’ve beaten him at Chester with a better ride and he was also given soft leads at both Epsom and The Curragh.

He appeals more as a possible St Leger winner than a King George contender.

Connections of

Ask

were fully vindicated in their decision to keep the 6YO in training when he landed the Coronation Cup. He ran a stormer to be sixth in last years Arc and can boast Group level success at ten, twelve and fourteen furlongs, respectively.

He’s been a very consistent horse at a variety of trips, but may once again find a few with too much toe and Look Here appeared to be unlucky at Epsom.

Of the others,

It’s Gino

belied his 150/1 odds to dead-heat for third in last years Arc. Another consistent sort, others are preferred as ew alternatives, but he’s one to watch with interest.

I expect Look Here to go very close and can’t see her finishing outside the first three, so 8/1 looks very appealing. Conduit represents the main danger and with stamina limitations hanging over Tartan Bearer, Masterofthehorse could find a place at a big price.

• Total Posts 1511

I just hate Conduit/Frozen Fire/Tartan Bearer.

I cant believe 2 of these are classic winners. I didnt like the 1m4f horses last year…they were very average indeed. When i look at the Great Dylan Thomas and a very good animal in Duke of Marmalade that won this race the past 2 year and we are now left with Conduit/TB/FF that could possibly win this race is very depressing.

I would love Golden Sword to win it and i would love Look Here to win it. Any other result for me is a big step down from previous winners of this great race.

Disappointed that Fame and Glory didnt run here….could have given this lot a right good thumping and put them in there place

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Couldn’t see Fame and Glory being too happy running round here on fast ground and AOB has probably done the right thing by keeping him for later.

I see Ryan Moore caused a bit of a stir saying he hasn’t yet to decide which he will ride Conduit or Tartan Bearer.

I reckon Ryan saw an opportunity to get an interview fee and thought "I’ll say this and that will get them going". I would be shocked and horrified if he chose Tartan Bearer as I am sure TAPK would come back and haunt me….perish the thought :lol:

curragh
    • Total Posts 27

I don’t think Conduit will win this race and I expect Look Here to reverse the St. Leger placings. That was on soft ground last year and the ground won’t be like that at Ascot. That’s not to say Look Here will win the race but, I really expect her to finish in front of Conduit.
    Just what I think and on the day we’ll see whether I’m right or wrong.

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

I don’t think Look Here will win again ……. she hung away at Epsom when she came to win and ran around in behind at the Curragh as well ……. she could well have had enough of it.

• Total Posts 1415

Look Here’s best two performances by some way have both come at Epsom and even then she hasn’t shown form that entitles her to win a King George even a mediocre one. I’d be amazed if she’s good enough to win this.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.