The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King Edward 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 King Edward 2009

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points rating

135 black bear island
    129 your old pal
    129 south easter
    125 native ruler
    122 nehaam
    122 father time
    115 free agent
    112 debussy
    111 aqwaal
    109 hail caesar
    103 montaff
    103 beauchamp xerxes

will back black bear island win
    and your old pal ew

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I wouldn’t touch Black Bear Island with a bargepole on quickish ground.

You need a horse that’s won this season with 2, 3 or 4 runs this season based on the trends. Unfortunately that’s as much as the trends will help.

Aqwaal, Black Bear Island, Debussy, Native Ruler, Nehaam, South Easter & Your Old Pal remain…

It really is close to an impossible race, but if forced to make a selection I’d side with South Easter. I think the Dante form is absolutely appalling, don’t rate Debussy, Aqwaal’s coming from handicaps and Your Old Pal is a fair way behind Palavacini, a horse who’s running in the Hampton Court.

• Total Posts 1688

From the Derby I think Debussy was simply outclassed.

The question, however – if any of the seven horses who finished in front of him at Epsom, were running in this King Edward VII, would they be a comprehensive favourite? I’d say yes.

But Jimmy did report he was unhappy on the G-to-F at Chester.

No leaders and Hail Caesar would need to lure Aqwaal and Native Ruler in to set a strong enough tempo, to bring Black Bear Island into the race.

All that said, this is a no-go zone for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I can’t understand why the barge pole is out here. I wouldn’t assume because he ran badly in the Derby he can’t go on it.

Anyway he seems in in and out charchter to me and I’m going elsewhere
    and have backed Debussy for this. He has run at Lingfiled Epsom Chester and Epsom and must be dizzy by now.

He will be running on a real racecourse :wink: for the first time tomorrow and I can see Ascot bringing out the best in him. He may not be bred to be a stayer but he gives me the impression this course will suit him much better than the sharper trackes he’s been racing on.

Debussy 12/1 ew

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

You need to read up on your trends Z, you need to oppose horses who ran in the Derby here. I’m backing South Easter and have taken 7/1 Native Ruler tonight.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

South Easter is improving, will handle the ground and has already shown a willing attitude, so it’s hard to see him being out of the frame. Free Agent also looks worth chancing – he wasn’t knocked around at Goodwood last time and will hopefully be ridden far mor effectively than Highland Glen yesterday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

You need to read up on your trends Z, you need to oppose horses who ran in the Derby here. I’m backing South Easter and have taken 7/1 Native Ruler tonight.

No, not the case at all. 15 Derby runners have run in this in the past 14 years and 2 of them won. 5 were placed as well actually.

I wouldn’t want to be on anything that ran in the Dante and South Easter is a very strong EW contender.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Will go Montaff cause he is a monster price and Channon seems to think he is a really good horse and better than he one at Epsom, maybe he just didn’t like Epsom.

Darryll Holland back on board so maybe that will help

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Hard to be too enthusiastic about some of these, especially with the Dante form taking some knocks

South Easter for me. Haggas places his horses realistically rather than speculatively

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Backed Palavicini yesterday and he finishes down the field in a Listed race and then 2 who were behind him LTO finish 1st & 2nd in a Gr2.

It would do your head in sometimes.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Did anyone know Henry Cecil had a horse in that? :shock:

Time to run for the hills lads this could be a good day for the bookies :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I was really happy to see Henry Cecil in the winner’s enclosure. Great man.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

There was a lot of money on Father Time since last night; I backed him ante post fpr the Derby so I was keeping an eye on his price but, annoyingly didn’t have a bet today. Another embarrassing BBC interview afterwards, I’m afraid.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

You should have seen me yesterday when Glass Harmonium won :lol: Had the big*** next to his name and went against him :cry: Stupid is as Stupid does :wink: Gteat Trainer SMS and just kicked in another one.

Couldn’t believe my ears today when they said that was Henry Cecils first Royal Ascot winner since 2002. Unbelievable!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.