The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kim Muir 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Kim Muir 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Always like an early go in this, and usually have my horse for it at this stage of the season, but fairly long shortlist at this stage.

Palmers Hill
    Makes his chasing debut on Thursday, and if he stays sound, I think he’ll make a decent chaser. If he does make the grade, he’ll still be risky though, as The Ultima or National Hunt Chase could also be suitable.

Thosedaysaregone
    Low key start to his chasing career, and definitely a bit of temperament, but I’ve followed him for a while now, and if he gets another go over fences, I’ll watch his campaign closely.

School Boy Hours
    I really like him for The Paddy Power in a few weeks, and I was more than happy with him today, running the type of prep I wanted to see. Definitely has a big one in him, and the 33’s is very tempting.

At The Acorn
    It’s getting very hard for me to keep the faith with him, and I can’t get my head round his season so far. Been running over hurdles, and to be honest, running pretty badly, but perhaps we’ll see a different horse once he goes back over fences. Got an entry for this last year.

Escaria Ten
    Not hard to see why he’s prominent in the betting. Nice run behind Asterion Forlonge, and Elliot will be surely sending him over, especially as he’s owned by The McNeil family. Yet another one though where I’ll be guessing the target.

Redford Road
    Not going to be top drawer this one, but although I can see him getting an entry for The National Hunt Chase, I think this might be a potential target for him as well.

Farclas
    Very eyecatching run after a long layoff. Has Festival form, and if he stays around his current mark, he would be very interesting. That’s a big “if” though.

Locks Corner
    Another who looks to be on a great mark, but very much like Farclas, it depends on whether or not he blows that the mark in the near future. Another with a Paddy Power entry.

Le Breuil
    Didn’t run particularly well in this last season, but much better from him on Saturday, and he’s down another pound. Former Festival winner, and he might be worth another chance.

Dashel Drasher
    Had to add him in, after his inclusion in Ultima Market. I’d expect him to come on a ton for his first run off of a long layoff. He’s certainly have to brush up his jumping though.

This is the race where I really do like a decent Antepost bet, but I’m holding off for now. There’s too many questions at this stage, and there’s about a dozen other Irish ones I’m still trying to work out.

That’s just a few I thought were worth a mention, but there’s honestly another dozen I’m looking at, and I think it makes sense to see how things go over Christmas.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 949

VTC do you think le breuil will go to Cheltenham , if the GN is the big plan I think they may miss it to prime him for it , I’d hope he,d go to the GN trial then the GN itself

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Don’t see why not, certainly went that route last season, but obviously not guaranteed. Just thought him worth a mention given his association with Codd, and the fact he’s coming down the weights.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 949

I liked the way ran on last time , he just always seems to miss a fence or 2 in a race

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Escaria Ten very tempting at 20’s now, but given the variety of potential targets, probably makes sense to sit tight.

He’s maybe one for Win Any Race around 14’s, but I’ll reluctantly leave him be just now.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Can beat that 20’s now on Escaria Ten, but with jockey plans up in the air with this one, not having my usual Antepost.

If I did have to have an early one, at this stage, it would be between him and Dickie Diver.

Bit of a revised shortlist though here…

At The Acorn 28’s
    Dickie Diver 20’s
    Escaria Ten 22’s
    Palmers Hill
    School Boy Hours 33’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2700

Prayers that run wild fred isn’t higher than 141 when reassessed and that he sneaks in here

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Eventually went with Escaria Ten. One of my bigger bets Antepost, and I topped up after his run on Sunday, which I thought was the perfect prep.

Keeping a close eye on Palmers Hill too, and he has an entry this week.

Escaria Ten 14’s NRNB

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2700

Be interesting to see what mark escaria ten is given VTC

He might struggle to get in here after running so well behind eklat de rire once the UK handicapper adds his tax

I’m hoping run wild fred sneaks in, irish handicapper has him up to 140

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2700

Run wild fred on same mark as his Irish mark

Will have a huge chance off 140

Escaria ten is also 140 and also looks to have a huge chance, was expecting that to be higher

Will have to join you on him VTC

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2700

That cant be escaria tens mark

He beat a 129 horse 20 lengths so it must be for that run

Will almost certainly be well over 145 when reassessed

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Yeah, highly unlikely FF.

The one who I think could come into this is Time To Get Up. Runs at Wincanton tomorrow, and a nice run could bring him up a good few pounds.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3016

Not sure he’s certain to be over 145 all the same. In fact, the BHA handicapper confirmed that after this week he’d be 145 on their ratings.

Beating a 129 horse 20ls won’t be that serious. Forza Milan beat him 61Ls lol.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Was really impressed by Time To Get Up at Wincanton last week. Bet365 the first to price him up, and very surprised at the 25’s. I’ve not went mad with that, as I’d be happy enough with 16’s NRNB, but the minute I can have him NRNB, I’ll have a much bigger punt.

Time To Get Up 25’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Took a risky approach with Time To Get Up. I’ve had a decent swing at him, and it’s all at the 25’s, not a bean at NRNB. I’m happy enough with him alone, and he’s my biggest fancy of the week now, but Jonjo didn’t seem to enamoured with the mark he got.

Trying very hard to keep this to the one selection, but looking at the entries the likes of…

Braeside
    Cloudy Glen
    Go Another One
    Mount Ida
    Vintage Clouds

…all appeal as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.