The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kieran Kelly

Home Forums Memorials Kieran Kelly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

:(

Devastating news

Tete Rouge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 119

Terrible, sad news.  My thoughts are with his family and his friends.

Slippy Blue
    • Total Posts 43

That`s horrible news .<br>I don`t know what to say.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Awful news. A stark reminder of the risks all jockeys take on a daily basis. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends in this dark hour.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I can only echo those sentiments. Really sad news.

Brian F
    • Total Posts 8

Awful.

phunter
    • Total Posts 125

Sad news indeed…just shows what dangers are there.

bear
    • Total Posts 143

Put’s all the hot air expelled about this sport in perspective.

R.I.P.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Really shocking, awful. You can’t begin to think what his family must be going through, my thoughts are with them.

BenMore
    • Total Posts 32

Very sad indeed. Deepest sympathy to his family and fiancee in this time of sorrow. We are reminded by this tragedy  "a horseman’s grave is always open"

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

What an awful tragedy.

Other than his Cheltenham win on Hardy Eustace, I didn’t know too much about him, but it seems he was a lovely lad, which makes it all the worse.

Sympathies to his family and his many friends.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Tragedy is the ‘mot juste’.

We have so much lighthearted banter on here that it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that people are working hard & with danger daily, for us to have our entertainment.

It is always tragic in my opinion when a young person dies – so much of life they haven’t seen, but of course he is at peace now & it is the grief of his proud family that perhaps is the most heart rending aspect of this particular tragedy.

Our thoughts are with them now & particularly tomorrow when I understand it is his funeral.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Horrible and sickening news, especially when there were reports that he could have been improving but the fact he was on a life support machine showed how serious it was from the outset. At 25 it’s such a waste and my thoughts and prayers are with his family. It really does put everything else into perspective.

dilysb
    • Total Posts 51

Just couldn’t believe the lack of coverage in not just the racing pages but the sports pages generally.  So little respect.

racing chick
    • Total Posts 1

It is truely difficult to put into words, how awful this tragic event is. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that Kieran’s family and friends are going through at this time, – my thoughts are with them all. I am sure that the presence of this talented young man,  both on and off the racecourse, will be greatly missed, but never forgotten

RIP Kieran

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.