The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kempton Easter Saturday

Home Forums Horse Racing Kempton Easter Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>I suspect the list of applicants will be small given the general hatred for the track, but Salute is running there on Saturday in the Queens Prize over 2M.

I’ll have a couple of spare badges if anyone is going – I’ll leave this open until Thursday midday and draw lots if necessary.

The Queens Prize is the last race on the card, it’s an 86 – 105 handicap worth £16,000 and is likely to be contested by a small select field. There were only 11 entries and at least three of those were added by trainer Jim Boyle yesterday simply in order to prevent the race being re-opened.

The highest rated entry is Shabernak on 100, so the race will become an 81 – 100 leaving Salute just 1lb out of the handicap and probably with another pound overweight to enable his regular jockey Rab Havlin to take the ride.

The dream is to win this, go up 5 or 6lbs and then aim at the Chester Cup – the reality, well who knows. It’s the dreams that make ownership worthwhile.

AP

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I like the Queens prize. Often a decent race. Best of luck

<br>Not a bad card saturday but i have a free RUK ticket already.

Was there Saturday. The negativity some have about the track still baffles me…

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from clivex on 12:04 pm on April 3, 2007[br]

<br>Was there Saturday. The negativity some have about the track still baffles me…

Maybe it’s something to do with a lot of the cards being similar to banded meetings.

Anyway good luck on Saturday ap, you must be excited and have a good chance in the probable small field. Were you tempted to keep Dane O’Neill aboard? I thought he gave him a particularly good ride last time on his first sit on him and is riding much improved this season.<br>Can’t go unfortunately on Saturday.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

I’d be interested in one or both badges- your offer is very kind.<br>Good luck anyway

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

The Queen’s Prize is a race with a known name and a lot of tradition, so why stick it at the end of the card?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>Venusian,

No idea why it’s the last race, but the 2M races usually are – we’ve run in four of them before at Kempton and three were last race, the other was followed only by an apprentice handicap.

Yeats,

Dane O’Neill would have even more trouble doing the weight, but Rab Havlin has won four times on Salute and he has first option every time the horse runs.

AP

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

It’s an excellent card on Saturday and no disgrace to be the last race of the day. I’d really be looking forward to the days racing there if it was on the turf but being all weather does take quite a bit away from it for me :(

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>TDK,

Especially when most people on here seem to think it can only be done by cheating or using drugs!

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’ve often been an advocate of following trainers in form, but owner-form in a new one on me I have to say.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Brian Wright had good form:o

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

A kind offer Alan.

Good to luck to Salute and yourself on Saturday.

Ultimate NightmareUltimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

Interesting runner in the handicap, Tybalt. Closely matched with Adagio on his debut, yet only off 88. Obviously hasn’t improved much. Any views?

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Quote: from Ultimate Nightmare on 10:35 pm on April 5, 2007[br]Interesting runner in the handicap, Tybalt. Closely matched with Adagio on his debut, yet only off 88. Obviously hasn’t improved much. Any views?

What do you mean by it obviously hasn’t improved much?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If Tybalt is close to peak fitness, he should take the beating I think. No reason to think he won’t have progressed himself. The fourth in that Adagio race progressed to win three nurseries, the last of which was off 89 so 88 looks more than fair. Also when Tybalt won his maiden, he had a horse of Denis Coakley’s called History Boy back in fourth, beaten 3 lengths. That horse has a turf mark of 90 and AW mark of 80 and whichever way you look at it, 88 in leaning on the conservative side.

Ultimate NightmareUltimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

That is why i was confused, it looked too good to be true, hed a guineas entry yet didn’t get a mention by JG in his RP interview. I thought it had to be a little bit better than this. Not that it will be a good price anyway i suspect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.