The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kempes

Home Forums Memorials Kempes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5552

Had to be put down following his fall in the John Durkan at Punchestown today.

He’ll be remembered for his brilliant win in the Irish Hennnessy in the spring, where he won with ease.

RIP

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 677

Thought he was up and OK after his fall, so this news came as a shock.

After his Novices Chase win at Punchestown, I thought he was going to be a Gold Cup horse…and after his Irish Hennessy win, I knew he was going to be.

It wasn’t to be the case, sadly, but I still liked him a hell of a lot. Not many horses can win a (Ulster) Derby and a (Irish) Hennessy!

Rest easy.

FLD

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

RIP Kempes!

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

:( rip kempes

vf

juliemo
    • Total Posts 5

RIP Kempes,If there was ever a horse that needed to be pulled up it was clearly this one. How sad that the last minutes of his life were spent in pain after chasing after the field and hitting jumps all the way round. He clearly hated the going and was not responding to the whip. He deserved better :-(

botherless
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32

Similar accident to War of the World yesterday…..great shame
    R.I.P

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

WHY WHY WHY are horses not pulled up when they are either not going well throughout or when their chance has gone and they are fading …

RIP Kempes,If there was ever a horse that needed to be pulled up it was clearly this one. How sad that the last minutes of his life were spent in pain after chasing after the field and hitting jumps all the way round. He clearly hated the going and was not responding to the whip. He deserved better :-(

botherless
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32

Very good point Ten Plus…. it happens too often…..
    Tired falls……

mort
    Participant
    • Total Posts 138

Only post very rarely these days, but was so upset by this needless death. What a shame the (from what I can see of his RP record) inexperienced jockey did not listen to what his way more experienced horse was telling him and pull him up. Very, very sad.

mort
    Participant
    • Total Posts 138

Oh, I correct myself. Having looked him up again, seems he has ridden loads in Ireland. Even worse, then, should have understood what the horse was telling him…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.