The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

KAZZIA WINS OAKS

Home Forums Archive Topics KAZZIA WINS OAKS

Viewing 8 posts - 35 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

So come on then Escorial price up the rematch……………… Rock Of Gibraltar and Hawk Wing over a mile. Good-Firm ground at the Curragh with no track bias. I will be interested to see your prices!!!

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>esc

you keep  putting  coolmore succes down to   money   bu the aga khan   khalid abdulla   and salman (thouroughbred corp)  wafic said   have far more wealth<br>than coolmore

regarding horse prices

high chapperall   270000 gns

hawk wing 300,000 usd  (although not  bought at the sales by coolmore asscoaitates

johnaasburg   usd 240000 (sold at a loss of usd60000)

these three  all group 1 winners   may be expensive by some standards  but not by   any means  near   the top level  of purchases   much cheaper than  bandari  or fight your corner  (sold for £2m each ) also  many stables    cecil  stoute  hills   dunlop (e and j)   contain many horses  of similar or more expensive  prices  

so perhaps the blame for the  lack of challengers   lies closer to home

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>esc

a little naughty perhaps  but  u must admit  a good bit of sales manship there   the original owners pocketing more than if they had won the derby.

<br> when u say  top bidder  are u referring to the top lot singularly   or the greatest spenders overall  (u may well find different as has been in past)

perhaps   wehn the sales start  in sept   a competition could be held     top lot  price etc etc.

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

Good Morning Escorial,

I think (for the moment) that Sakhee is the right choice for the Arc, as well I wouldn’t rush to get the 7/2 offered. Good where he will run this season and we often saw Godolphin making some “unpredictableâ€ÂÂ

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

Here is the full text from Timeform

Timeform:<br>With no Rebelline, Nayef or Sakhee, nor a challenger from Ireland or France, not the renewal it might have been for a race which had been continuing to attract some of the season’s top older horses in most recent years, despite repeated small fields, but it still drew 2 Group 1 winners, one of whom ran out a worthy winner in the conditions; the pace was steady, the race again coming alive only off the home turn, where they bunched to the rail. BOREAL (GER) recorded a career-best effort and now bids for the King George at Ascot; his task here wasn’t so stiff as it might have been on the day and everything dropped right for him, but equally he shouldn’t be underestimated in the top races to come as he’s undoubtedly a high-class colt; soon handy, he was first to the stand rail off the turn and ran on strongly after the runner-up had threatened briefly once switched from behind him, well on top at the finish; a stocky colt, who looked well, his record suggests he needs something of an emphasis on stamina when racing over this trip, so presumably he’ll need similar going to make a real impact at Ascot. STORMING HOME will be one of the stronger contenders for the Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot, reportedly his next intended target, as he’s unpenalised in that event for his success at the meeting last year; he again shaped as though he retains all his ability, waited with and briefly short of room on the rail before being unable to stay on nearly so strongly as the winner once switched round him; his trainer reportedly reckons that he’s a better horse on firmer going, and whether or not that’s true (has won on soft), Storming Home does go well on firm. ZINDABAD (FR), reverting in trip, does just struggle a bit at the highest level (at least over 12f), not that there was much wrong with this performance, as he plugged on willingly after setting the tempo to the straight; though by no means out of things in the Hardwicke, he does have a small penalty for York. MARIENBARD (IRE), for no obvious reason, was disappointing, failing to pick up at all when ridden after 3f out, tending to edge left as he was carried down the camber by his stable-companion; he does have form on any going. PAWN BROKER, even though he isn’t really up to beating the very best, again offered little indication he might be rejuvenated and remains one to have reservations about. KUTUB (IRE) couldn’t have looked in better shape but ran lamentably, hanging left and quickly in trouble once asked to improve; at a subsequent enquiry his rider told the stewards the horse lost his action; given he’s shown his form many times on soft/heavy ground, his performance was completely baffling.  

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

Escorial I agreee with you that this years C. Cup was not the strongest in history. The only point I am “fightingâ€ÂÂ

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>dm

an interesting summary   for which u may be surprised but i agree with.

with regard to your comments  on another  thread   i also agree that your (i presume from the way u speak above  u are german)  breeding  industry is coming on   (although  it is a long the old fashioned lines   based on stamina rather than  the more fashionable speed angle)

i have been to germany many times but have never really found it to be so much wetter tha over here  but  are your races run very much on soft/heavy ground   or is this a biased  comment  (taken from newspapers not my own)

dubaimillennium
    • Total Posts 41

Prince Regent, yes you are right I am from Germany. :pimp:

You are as well right (in my opinion) about German Bloodlines… as they favour much more horses for the Derby Distance. And there is no German horse what was or is able to compete with the best in Europe in Sprint Races.

With the weather and ground I can not agree with you. I would say that the ground is mostly good or good/soft. But sometimes you have a wet year like last season where all Group I Races were held on Ground good-soft or softer.<br>

Viewing 8 posts - 35 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.