The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star’s supposed Slip…..

Home Forums Horse Racing Kauto Star’s supposed Slip…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Quote: from Grasshopper on 3:46 pm on Dec. 27, 2006[br]<br>I also note that whilst you apparently failed to spot Kauto Star clearly slipping into the last fence yesterday, you can speak with authority on behalf of Kicking King, in terms of him being unsighted by Santa doing a dash across to the stands, a furlong up the track.

You aren’t related to Robert Redford by any chance? :cool: <br>

Well I am just interested to know who actually KS slip going to the last in the King George. Until now, the only two people who seem convinced of this are Grasshoper and Cattermole, I have looked through the analysis in the RP, can’t find a dicky about it. Did anybody else see this alleged slip? My own view is that he did as he usually does when he throws in a howler, he took a chance and took off way too early.

Still waiting for the meaning of Robert Redford!

JohnJ.

rolandroland
    • Total Posts 302

overhead coverage of the last fence definitely showed kauto star stand in a sand filled divot before take off. how much difference it made i’m not sure, as it seemed to me that the horse had already decided he was going to jump several bus lengths away from the fence.<br> <br>at a guess i’d say robert redford comment applies to the horse whisperer

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Ruby Walsh on RTE this week dismissed any notion it had any affect on the horse.

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

He definitely did put a foot into a soft or false patch of ground on the take-off side, which could be clearly seen from several camera angles.  However, as Roly says, he had already set into his stride pattern and that little slip was almost certainly less important than the early take-off.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Ruby was trying very hard not to roll his eyes at the suggestion when talking about the race on RTE.

Lincoln Duncan
    • Total Posts 157

The run-up to the fence was strewn with divots, and he probably put his four feet in all of them. I thought at the time that Mike Cattermole was just looking for something to say to fill air time, and subsequent viewings suggest KS did not slip at all.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

He didn’t slip from what I have seen/

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote from RP online:

Like Nicholls, Walsh feels Kauto Star will be better suited by going left-hand at Cheltenham.

The rider said: "It will make a big difference. He’s won round Newbury, and at Kempton he was always going away from his fences and making it long for himself."

Which pretty accurately describes what happened at that fence, imo.

Edited to add:  Didn’t Dessie clout 1 or 2 around Cheltenham?

(Edited by reet hard at 5:00 pm on Dec. 30, 2006)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Reet,

What happened at the fourth last?

JohnJ.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from johnjdonoghue on 5:04 pm on Dec. 30, 2006[br]Reet,

What happened at the fourth last?

JohnJ.

Exactly the same,jjd; in fact, he met most of his fences running to the left. <br>That’s 20p you owe me.:)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

And what happened at Cheltenham last season? The KS fans obviously been to Ballydoyle for lessons in excuses ;)

Is that another 20p?

JohnJ.<br>

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

What happened in the Queen Mother when he fell going left handed!

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from johnjdonoghue on 5:42 pm on Dec. 30, 2006[br]And what happened at Cheltenham last season? The KS fans obviously been to Ballydoyle for lessons in excuses ;)

They need excuses??

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

True Rory, they don’t need excuses. KS has delivered in all his races. But they do need to sort out his iffy jumping.

JohnJ

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

jjd

No excuses necessary.  A quick look at the race confirms Ruby’s point is all.<br> Btw, I charge extra for geometry lessons.;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.