The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star

Home Forums Memorials Kauto Star

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Put to sleep following serious injuries incurred when he was turned out in his paddock overnight.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

RIP, great one. :cry:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Another of those times when seeing a name on here makes me feel as if I’ve had a bucket of cold water thrown over me, and I still can’t take it in. It’s sad to read any horses name here,but my head is full of so many memories of Kauto. RIP You deserved so many more years of retirement.

linnet
    Participant
    • Total Posts 101

Such a brave beautiful boy so glad I got to see him at Haydock park for his last win there. Completely heart broken that he had to end his life with such a horrendous accident. RIP

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Heard this on the radio earlier today. Breaks my heart that such a wonderful horse ended his life in, what sounds like, a long and painful death. Truly awful to think of his standing there in pain for such a long time.

Can’t help thinking that he could have had a lovely retirement instead of spending his last couple of years doing something that he didn’t – to me – look comfortable with.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

The horse oozed class and could jump a fence in breathtaking fashion similar to Sprinter Sacre before his trouble in that regard although Kauto could also hit a few along the way he would make many lengths back at his fences. Ruby was brilliant at switching him off and he would travel with the utmost ease. One thing you don’t often hear about was his fighting spirit probably because he didn’t need to get into too many but he was a warrior and the race with Imperial Commander at Haydock on awful ground where he looked beat for all the world when Imperial came along sides and I’ve watched it many times and it’s almost as if Kauto was saying ‘no chance I’m not for passing’ and the dual neck and neck for what seemed like a couple of furlongs showed his battling quality’s.
    RIP King KAUTO never will you be forgotten.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 4169

Just too incredible to believe. Very sad news and what a pity that Clifford Baker didn’t get to keep him.
    Such a nice man who made him what he was, of course along with Nichols and Ruby. But as I said before, I’m just too speechless to say anything.
    Rest in Peace Kauto SUPER Star!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

Just come back from holiday and this news has hit like a lead balloon, just can’t believe that he has gone, beautiful Kauto Star who never looked happy doing dressage and just wanted to run free. I want to rant and rave about this but surely it must have been a freak accident as also happened to Triptych, many years back, the mare whose name I take, who died whilst in foal (to Mr. Prospector) after an horrific collision with a tractor after breaking out of her paddock.

Just to upset to say more but would like to dedicate this wonderful poem which stands situated underneath the statue of Mill Reef at the National Stud, Newmarket facing his old paddock to Kauto Star and all racehorses everywhere that have given their lives for the sport we love:-

Swift as a bird I flew down many a course.
    Princes, Lords, Commoners all sang my praise.
    In victory or defeat I played my part.
    Remember me, all men who love the Horse,
    If hearts and spirits flag in after days;
    Though small, I gave my all. I gave my heart.

Goodbye Kauto Star, your Star will shine brightest of all in Heaven, we will miss you so much.
    RIP sweet boy :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.